Nexus One AT&T version works with ICE 3G in Costa Rica

This is a discussion on Nexus One AT&T version works with ICE 3G in Costa Rica within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have the Nexus One AT&T version (purchased from google.com/phone using a proxy and sent to Aerocasillas). Note that the other versions do not support ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One AT&T version works with ICE 3G in Costa Rica

Nexus One AT&T version works with ICE 3G in Costa Rica

I have the Nexus One AT&T version (purchased from google.com/phone using a proxy and sent to Aerocasillas). Note that the other versions do not support the UMTS 850 band that we have here in Costa Rica - make sure you get the AT&T version!

I have tested the phone with the three different SIM cards that currently exist:

Kolbi 3G: APN=kolbi3g
    Green cards (Alcatel): APN=icecelular
    Pink cards (Ericsson): APN=icecelular and turn on Data Roaming

With SpeedTest I get constant downloads speeds of 750kbps (upload 180-500kbps).

If you are in Costa Rica and sick and tired of Steve Jobs restricting what you can do with your phone, now you have an excellent alternative. No more jailbreaking/unlocking!

I have been using the Nexus One now for 2 weeks and am liking the Android operating system more and more everyday.

DONīT buy the dock! It doesnīt hold the phone securely. I caught my falling phone 3 inches from nearly smashing on a marble floor the first day.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

A friend of mine found a workaround to purchase from google.com/phone from outside the US:
    - Goto Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone.
    - Click on New! Nexus One Car Dock now available
    - Click on the link that says "Google's Web Store"
    - for Costa Rica choose the phone that says "Compatible with 3G on AT&T"

Caller id

I have been thinking on buying a Nexus one to use in CR, but I wanted to know if the Caller id issue seen in other countries is occurred with this country's operator.

Thanks

I am not familiar with Caller ID issues of the Nexus One in other countries.

Here in Costa Rica the phone seems to detect CallerID just fine from both land line and cell phones.

Cuanto pago de impuestos en la aduana ? El telefono funciona bien con la seņal 3G de Costa Rica, no tiene el problema de que pierde la seņal 3G muy facil ?

Yo estoy por comprar un Ne:nexusx:us One (AT&T) en estos dias pero quiero saber sobre la seņal 3G, busque en internet pero no encontre nada de que alguien tubiera el N1 en CR, hasta hoy que entre a revisar que habia nuevo en el foro.

Se me olvido preguntarle, tuvo algun problema con la tarjeta a la hora de pagar, habia leido algo en internet que con las tarjetas que no son emitidas en USA no se podia hacer la compra. Otra cosa es cierto que lo llaman de Google para confirmar la compra ?

Gracias.

I feel that the general reception of the N1 is better than my iPhone (2nd generation). I am very pleased with the 3G service so far and can navigate fine with only 1 bar of signal. I find that I have better signal for voice calls than with the iPhone and GSM.

I have had very strange issues in Heredia with the signal dropping in and out and changing from Edge to 3G. However, this problem seems not to be related to the N1 and has been reported by several friends.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsaga11 View Post
    Se me olvido preguntarle, tuvo algun problema con la tarjeta a la hora de pagar, habia leido algo en internet que con las tarjetas que no son emitidas en USA no se podia hacer la compra. Otra cosa es cierto que lo llaman de Google para confirmar la compra ?

Gracias.
    Yo compre dos Nexus One's con la tarjeta de un banco local que tengo registrado en mi cuenta de Google Checkout. No me llamaron. No tenia ninguna problema. Puse la direccion de mi cuenta de Aerocasillas.

La cuenta es de un banco local de USA o de CR ?

Quote Originally Posted by saintsaga11 View Post
    La cuenta es de un banco local de USA o de CR ?
    I used a local CR credit card with my local CR address as the Billing Address.
    The shipping address was in Aerocasillas Miami.
    (Although I answered via private message, I wanted to make it clear for everyone by answering this post)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links