Wanting a Nexus One but am worried.

This is a discussion on Wanting a Nexus One but am worried. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello, I'm Casey and am new to this forum, its great to be here. So here we go. I was first introduced to this phone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanting a Nexus One but am worried.

Wanting a Nexus One but am worried.

Hello, I'm Casey and am new to this forum, its great to be here. So here we go. I was first introduced to this phone at a superbowl party earlier this year. I have done alot of research on the phone and am really impressed by what it can do. However like what any smart person looking into buying a cell phone does, I looked into all the negatives about the phone. The same problems/issues keep coming up.. 3g connectivity, broken screen from a 3 foot drop (I plan on buying a silicone case), camera issues, touch screen issues (the multi-touch problem), issues with the 4 buttons, paint coming off after 14 days, etc..

My contract with t-mobile is up in 63 days (i've been keeping track since 114 days) and am still wondering if this is the phone for me. If these issues are with 2 out of every 10 phones, i'll take my chances. I guess i'm just looking for some words of wisdom and advice. Thanks to anybody that throws their 2 cents into this post, i'm just a bit worried thats all.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Re: Wanting a Nexus One but am worried.

I got my Nexus One more than 3 weeks ago and i havent noticed any issues with the paint or the screen. All my touches on the screen are registered immediately without any issues. As for 3G, some of the first Nexus One adopters complained about weak 3G signals and after Google provided them with an update most of their 3G problems disappeared. As for the 4 soft buttons on the bottom of the device most, if not all, Nexus One users are aware off that issue. The buttons arent totally mis-calibrated they are off by a couple of millimeters from the center of the buttons.
    In general you will definitely feel how solid the phone is as soon as you start using it daily. And rememer, this is Google's first Nexus One, so you will be seeing more updates coming your way which will continue to improve amd develop the Android OS as you go. But this doesnt mean that it isnt awesome as it is now

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillrays View Post
    Hello, I'm Casey and am new to this forum, its great to be here. So here we go. I was first introduced to this phone at a superbowl party earlier this year. I have done alot of research on the phone and am really impressed by what it can do. However like what any smart person looking into buying a cell phone does, I looked into all the negatives about the phone. The same problems/issues keep coming up.. 3g connectivity, broken screen from a 3 foot drop (I plan on buying a silicone case), camera issues, touch screen issues (the multi-touch problem), issues with the 4 buttons, paint coming off after 14 days, etc..

My contract with t-mobile is up in 63 days (i've been keeping track since 114 days) and am still wondering if this is the phone for me. If these issues are with 2 out of every 10 phones, i'll take my chances. I guess i'm just looking for some words of wisdom and advice. Thanks to anybody that throws their 2 cents into this post, i'm just a bit worried thats all.
    To me the only downside of the phone at this point is T-Mobile. I would hold off and get one on the Verizon network. The phone itself is amazing and works great, really the only complaints are the network coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil View Post
    I got my Nexus One more than 3 weeks ago and i havent noticed any issues with the paint or the screen. All my touches on the screen are registered immediately without any issues. As for 3G, some of the first Nexus One adopters complained about weak 3G signals and after Google provided them with an update most of their 3G problems disappeared. As for the 4 soft buttons on the bottom of the device most, if not all, Nexus One users are aware off that issue. The buttons arent totally mis-calibrated they are off by a couple of millimeters from the center of the buttons.
    In general you will definitely feel how solid the phone is as soon as you start using it daily. And rememer, this is Google's first Nexus One, so you will be seeing more updates coming your way which will continue to improve amd develop the Android OS as you go. But this doesnt mean that it isnt awesome as it is now

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply, it means alot. I guess when 14 people complain about an issue then it gets blown up as if everybody is having touch screen problems and such. These replies help alot.

I waited forever to get a N1 because of the issues with it, but finally made the jump. I have noticed some 3G oddities with this phone, and I never ran into those issues with my BB 9700. The screen is fine... only time I ran into problem with the touch screen being goofy is when my battery was at 10% and lower... so no issue there.

There are a few issues with the N1, but as long as you know what they are going in... then it is an amazing phone. Verizon might be a better choice for you, but personally T-mobile has been much better to me. I have been pretty much a BB user until now and this phone has won me over, even with the small issues it has.

I am pretty confident that software updates will fix most of the problems. Make the jump like I did

Quote Originally Posted by djstaid View Post
    I waited forever to get a N1 because of the issues with it, but finally made the jump. I have noticed some 3G oddities with this phone, and I never ran into those issues with my BB 9700. The screen is fine... only time I ran into problem with the touch screen being goofy is when my battery was at 10% and lower... so no issue there.

There are a few issues with the N1, but as long as you know what they are going in... then it is an amazing phone. Verizon might be a better choice for you, but personally T-mobile has been much better to me. I have been pretty much a BB user until now and this phone has won me over, even with the small issues it has.

I am pretty confident that software updates will fix most of the problems. Make the jump like I did
    Awesome, thank you! If anybody knows anything about technology, they know never to buy an item when it first comes out (iphone, xbox 360, etc). So thats one of the advantages of waiting another 63 days to order the phone, many of the problems will be known and fixes may come before I get mine.

Also does anybody know if the nexus one phones come pre-installed with the updates (like multi-touch)? Thanks

Awesome, thank you! If anybody knows anything about technology, they know never to buy an item when it first comes out (iphone, xbox 360, etc). So thats one of the advantages of waiting another 63 days to order the phone, many of the problems will be known and fixes may come before I get mine.

Also does anybody know if the nexus one phones come pre-installed with the updates (like multi-touch)? Thanks
    I got mine Friday morning and out of the box, it did a small update. I have multi-touch in the browser and etc now, which is nice. Not sure if that update was the 3G fix, multi-touch or other stuff. It did the update right as I turned it on for the first time.

New phones coming with newest updates, as the original Build Number I believe is ERD79, and the second was ERE27, third ERE36B and newest EPE54, and recently I helped walk someone thorugh rooting with a At&t phone and the build number was EPE54.

Also, I notice the touch screen sensitivity issue when I hold mine completely upside down whle I'm lying down, but it can easily be fixed by taking it parallel to the ground to "right itself". Just minor quirks that require you to sort of play with it. Which is even more awesome because you really get to know your phone.

As for dropping it and breaking from three feet off the ground. My wife and I recently had our baby, and so for the last week been busy with baby stuff, and have neglected my N1. While running errand for baby stuff at Target, I dropped my phone in the parking lot. It took a dive and hit the top left side of the phone near the power button, on its side. I nearly died. I think I felt my heart near my throat. But when I picked up the phone off the ground, it was fine!!! No issues, no crack, nothing!

I wouldn't even have worried had I not read all the bad stuff floating around on the web. So sometimes you really have to filter those stupid stuff floating around the web, and determine what's relevant info and what's not.
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

I got mine Friday morning and out of the box, it did a small update. I have multi-touch in the browser and etc now, which is nice. Not sure if that update was the 3G fix, multi-touch or other stuff. It did the update right as I turned it on for the first time.

3g was fixed by the radio that it comes with. Goto Settings/About phone and take a look at Baseband as well as Build Numbers and you will determine what the newest radio image that it was shipped with, as well as the Build Number which includes the newest "stuff"
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    New phones coming with newest updates, as the original Build Number I believe is ERD79, and the second was ERE27, third ERE36B and newest EPE54, and recently I helped walk someone thorugh rooting with a At&t phone and the build number was EPE54.

Also, I notice the touch screen sensitivity issue when I hold mine completely upside down whle I'm lying down, but it can easily be fixed by taking it parallel to the ground to "right itself". Just minor quirks that require you to sort of play with it. Which is even more awesome because you really get to know your phone.

As for dropping it and breaking from three feet off the ground. My wife and I recently had our baby, and so for the last week been busy with baby stuff, and have neglected my N1. While running errand for baby stuff at Target, I dropped my phone in the parking lot. It took a dive and hit the top left side of the phone near the power button, on its side. I nearly died. I think I felt my heart near my throat. But when I picked up the phone off the ground, it was fine!!! No issues, no crack, nothing!

I wouldn't even have worried had I not read all the bad stuff floating around on the web. So sometimes you really have to filter those stupid stuff floating around the web, and determine what's relevant info and what's not.
    First off, congrats with the new baby.

Secondly, the last paragraph says so much. I'm not sure if those are actual Nexus One users that are over exaggerating or current Iphone users trying to get people away from android. Its retarded that one person has paint pealing and all the sudden its a major news story on every phone site, come on now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links