Rooting... Convince Me!

This is a discussion on Rooting... Convince Me! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I want too. It will void my warrantee. Right? Will my Insurance cover it? I just have this fear that if I root my phone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooting... Convince Me!

Rooting... Convince Me!

I want too. It will void my warrantee. Right? Will my Insurance cover it? I just have this fear that if I root my phone and it somehow breaks 6 months later that all I'll have is a real expensive brick in which I wasted $530 plus accessories and insurance on.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

do it u want... it just depend on u.....

rooting only voids the software warranty, not the hardware

LOL, I go the other way, I would NEVER convince you. You need to convince yourself, and if you're on the fence, be safe, wait till you are convinced That said, several people rooted (including myself) and NEVER looked back!
    My sigs keep getting

If you follow instructions to the T, then you will not brick your phone. Plus several people on this forum, including myself, will be willing to help you. Additionally, while the N1 is extremely fast. You will notice that in the scrolling of the menu, it lags for a second, while rooted phone will not. There is just a noticeable pep in the step of a rooted phone. Also, you have the ability to modify so many different themes that are only available to rooted users. Then you have the ability with AmonRa Recovery which comes with Nandroid Backup that does a saved image of your phone at that specific time, so that when you go back to it, everything will be put back to the way it was. This way you can try out several different configurations, and it will be like having a different N1 for every day of the week!!! Not to mention you can try out the Desire Rom which is a Nexus One with HTC Sense UI, and play with the different features that Rom comes with. The list goes on and on and on... I love how rooting opens up a whole new world for tweaking your already extremely tweakable phone!!!
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    If you follow instructions to the T, then you will not brick your phone. Plus several people on this forum, including myself, will be willing to help you. Additionally, while the N1 is extremely fast. You will notice that in the scrolling of the menu, it lags for a second, while rooted phone will not. There is just a noticeable pep in the step of a rooted phone. Also, you have the ability to modify so many different themes that are only available to rooted users. Then you have the ability with AmonRa Recovery which comes with Nandroid Backup that does a saved image of your phone at that specific time, so that when you go back to it, everything will be put back to the way it was. This way you can try out several different configurations, and it will be like having a different N1 for every day of the week!!! Not to mention you can try out the Desire Rom which is a Nexus One with HTC Sense UI, and play with the different features that Rom comes with. The list goes on and on and on... I love how rooting opens up a whole new world for tweaking your already extremely tweakable phone!!!
    Great explanation. I wish this place had a chatroom and every friday night profesionals (like you) help us noobs root our phones. I know, theres a ton of guides and I'm sure i'll figure it out when I get my N1 in 2 months.

why a chat room when we have gtalk or msn?

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    why a chat room when we have gtalk or msn?
    Some of the other forum's I went to.. some people were really stuck up and wanted nothing to do with you. I guess this forum's alot different and I got a few "i'm here for you" messages after I just posted that so nevermind. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    Thanks. I'm just asceared! Very much aware of the speed benefits from it's unlocking the unused ROM. Like the idea of AmonRa, but in my old age am afraid of pulling the trigger. I kind of feel like I did back in the day when Windows first came out. I had crashed an old 386 running DOS and lost a term paper that was worth 90% of my grade when I went back to grad school. So when I first got on Windows I was afraid to play around with it. After having to use a computer for work, I learned that you really can't as long as you click on something that says..."don't click on this!"

I'm going to get there and do this thing, I just know it because I notice the lag a lot.

that why i said gtalk or msn, more personal, friendly and maybe u keep chating with the person for years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links