nuclear battery cell

This is a discussion on nuclear battery cell within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Does seidio plan on releasing a nuclear battery cell for the nexus one that allows it to run for 5 months without a recharge? (moderate ...

Thread: nuclear battery cell

nuclear battery cell

Does seidio plan on releasing a nuclear battery cell for the nexus one that allows it to run for 5 months without a recharge? (moderate use of course)

Seriously though... how much better can we expect battery technology to get without adding size or weight? I'm not an expert in these matters.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by windmill360 View Post
    Does seidio plan on releasing a nuclear battery cell for the nexus one that allows it to run for 5 months without a recharge? (moderate use of course)

Seriously though... how much better can we expect battery technology to get without adding size or weight? I'm not an expert in these matters.
    I'd hate to drop that phone. :rofl3:

You bring up a good point though. I'd rather carry an extra battery around instead of having one battery thats huge or heavy. I get where your coming from though..

I'm sure there will be new battery technologies that will replace current lithium based batteries. Electronics are only going to get more and more power hungry. I don't think the size is going to get much bigger. Just more efficient/powerful batteries.

Perhaps batteries based on carbon nanotubes? Since it seems like everything in the future is going to be based on those...

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
    I'm sure there will be new battery technologies that will replace current lithium based batteries. Electronics are only going to get more and more power hungry. I don't think the size is going to get much bigger. Just more efficient/powerful batteries.

Perhaps batteries based on carbon nanotubes? Since it seems like everything in the future is going to be based on those...
    That may well be the future, but then again, lots of other technologies are coming out.

Instead of a nuclear battery, the future after that may well be a nuclear fusion battery.

I'd like to see a way to harvest the electrical signals from our body to power all our mobile devices. That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post

That may well be the future, but then again, lots of other technologies are coming out.

Instead of a nuclear battery, the future after that may well be a nuclear fusion battery.
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

haha nice. Ive always wanted to see solar cells on phones and other mobile devices (laptops). I know nothing about the technology and the rigidity of cells, but I would assume that a phone back made of solar cells could keep a charge or atleast prolong the battery life.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links