Toggle Phone-connection off ? Like wifi toggle?

This is a discussion on Toggle Phone-connection off ? Like wifi toggle? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; You know how you can really quickly toggle the wifi off, I'd like to be able to toggle the phone connection off when it's docked. ...

Thread: Toggle Phone-connection off ? Like wifi toggle?

Question Toggle Phone-connection off ? Like wifi toggle?

You know how you can really quickly toggle the wifi off, I'd like to be able to toggle the phone connection off when it's docked.

When I'm at home and at my computer with the phone docked, I'd like it to work in WiFi-only mode and not have a connection to the cell network at all. Then it won't keep doing it's noise-interference on my PC speakers so often.

Before I got this phone I'd usually leave my phones switched off the whole time while at home, there wasn't much of an interesting reason to leave it switched on at home. But this one can do so much that I normally would do on my PC, that I want it on all the time. Not for calls, just for web features via wifi.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    You can hold the lock button and go into Airplane mode, but im pretty sure that would disable wifi

jah
    I don't know if there's an easy way to do it, but you can go into airplane mode, which disables all connections, and then turn wifi back on manually.

or you can search the Android store for: APNdroid, I use it all the time
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    You can hold the lock button and go into Airplane mode, but im pretty sure that would disable wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    I don't know if there's an easy way to do it, but you can go into airplane mode, which disables all connections, and then turn wifi back on manually.
    I'd tried airplane mode before I posted this thread and as expected it disables all wireless. Strangely, I hadn't thought of individually turning wifi back on. I just did, that worked. As far as the phone side of things goes, it's in airplane blackout mode. As far as being a wifi-enabled android device goes, it's alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Woody View Post
    Not quite what I'm looking for. I can see that as being useful to make sure that wifi takes priority over cellular data connections if you're not on a flat rate, or your wifi is faster. What I'm looking for though is to completely disconnect the entire phone part so it can't make or receive calls.

With the above suggestions of airplane mode and wifi re-enable, as far as the phone network is concerned, my phone is off. This is ideal because my dock/cradle is right next to my laptop's external speakers and the interference every couple of minutes when it does it's checking-in with the network is very annoying.

...and again the nexus one forum comes up with the answer in record time

Thanks guys. It's a pretty quick thing to enable:

Power-off for 1 second, choose airplane mode, wait for airplane logo to appear, HOME key, menu, settings, wireless, toggle wireless on. I've seen some wifi toggle apps/widgets that would make the wifi part even easier :D

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    I'd tried airplane mode before I posted this thread and as expected it disables all wireless. Strangely, I hadn't thought of individually turning wifi back on. I just did, that worked. As far as the phone side of things goes, it's in airplane blackout mode. As far as being a wifi-enabled android device goes, it's alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Woody View Post
    Not quite what I'm looking for. I can see that as being useful to make sure that wifi takes priority over cellular data connections if you're not on a flat rate, or your wifi is faster. What I'm looking for though is to completely disconnect the entire phone part so it can't make or receive calls.

With the above suggestions of airplane mode and wifi re-enable, as far as the phone network is concerned, my phone is off. This is ideal because my dock/cradle is right next to my laptop's external speakers and the interference every couple of minutes when it does it's checking-in with the network is very annoying.

...and again the nexus one forum comes up with the answer in record time

Thanks guys. It's a pretty quick thing to enable:

Power-off for 1 second, choose airplane mode, wait for airplane logo to appear, HOME key, menu, settings, wireless, toggle wireless on. I've seen some wifi toggle apps/widgets that would make the wifi part even easier :D
    Use the power Widgets that came preinstalled

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links