Nexus One Issues vs. Droid Issues

This is a discussion on Nexus One Issues vs. Droid Issues within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I personally think the Nexus One is far more polished than the Droid in both software and hardware. I played with both of them and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus One Issues vs. Droid Issues

I personally think the Nexus One is far more polished than the Droid in both software and hardware. I played with both of them and I wouldn't go with the Droid after what I have seen.
    Could you provide me with some details as to why the N1 is better? I ask because I am deciding between the 2.

Re: Nexus One Issues vs. Droid Issues

One of the most important points is that the phone is made by Google and HTC and sold through Google. Those two companies are known to respond faster to customers
    and supply them with updates quickly.

If having a physical keyboard is a deal breaker for you then you only have one option that is the Droid. I've held a new Droid and several used ones. The new Droid's slide-out keyboard mechanism feels solid and snaps into place. All the used ones I tested felt like there was no snapping when the keyboard is slid open or when closed but it felt really rough as opposed to how smooth it was when sliding it open when it was new.

Another thing would be the touch screen responsiveness. On the Droid it felt more like a resistive screen where you have to press a bit harder and where sometimes it wont register the touch. While on the Nexus One I never saw it skip one touch.

Those are all my personal experiences that I had with both devices, I cant make it a general rule for all of them out there.

Also I have to add that I do like the curved corners and the overall design on the Nexus One as oppose to the straight angles on the Droid.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

My Droids slide out keyboard was loosened often when I pull it out of my pocket, it is not in its lock position. The keys on the keyboard had lights bleeding under them, I think they were falling apart. Battery cover was sliding off. The touch sensitive buttons were oversensitive. Those were my main problems.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i over looked the battery cover, I've already replaced it with an RMAs once and I hear a lot of cracking when I have it hooked up to the aux in my car to play music. I can go to max setting I have to leave it at one under or else it cracks.

Those are my to complaints.

My keyboard still locks up perfect and I think the sensitivity of the buttons is perfect and I heard the N1s arnt. Some ppl like it better that they are not but I think ima be one of those that wants them more sensetive.

So, does the Droid or N1 generally experience more problems?

Hard to say for sure, but in I do think you'll hear more complaints overall about the N1.

And I'd have to say neither...

One has to have more problems than the other. They aren't flawless. 30 seconds on this forum tells me that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    One has to have more problems than the other. They aren't flawless. 30 seconds on this forum tells me that.

I'm curious; why MUST one have more issues that the other? Also, I have to point out that I by no means called either device "flawless". I simply acknowledge that "perfection" is a specious goal, and one that has yet to be, nor is likely to be achieved in our lifetimes.

All I stated is that you are more likely to see "issue reports" anywhere, than overwhelmingly glowing praise...it is simply human nature to complain moreso than to report no issues at all. I can't back this up, but I'd suspect that the percentage of issue reports to overall posts is roughly comparable between here and, say, DroidForums; despite the vast size differential.

I'd suspect that the percentage of issue reports to overall posts is roughly comparable between here and, say, DroidForums; despite the vast size differential.
    Thank you. That was the answer I needed in the first place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links