Car dock

This is a discussion on Car dock within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by NexusWon Originally Posted by superwario Originally Posted by NexusWon I wonder if you can plug a mini-to-mini jack in the headphone jack ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Car dock

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superwario View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    I wonder if you can plug a mini-to-mini jack in the headphone jack to run music into an Aux port (for those of us that don't have cars with blutooth audio systems). I hope so, it's not clear from the picture.
    Just use the aux port built into the phone?
    Yes, that's what I'm asking, it looks like there's a lip that wraps around the phone edges to cradle/hold it in place, which could potentially prevent access to the port.
    Oh sorry, I misunderstood your question. The AUX jack is NOT blocked, with the proof in the link below. I hope it helps!

http://www.thesearethedroids.com/wp-...e_car_dock.png

I'm really disapointed in lack of RCA or 3.5mm out. They managed to squeeze it in on the home dock, why not the car dock? Yeah, the headphone will still probably work, but many people (including me) have problems with tracks skipping when plugged into an aux jack.

Also since it pairs over bluetooth, will a headset still work?

Will this work with a case or does you N1 have to be nekked?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Bluetooth Override

The Google documentation states that with the Nexus One Car Dock attached, Bluetooth ear sets will not work. What about cars with built in Bluetooth telephone support? Is there a way to turn off the Car Dock's Bluetooth speakers in favor of more advanced features which come with many modern cars?

I have received the Car Dock, and my fears were unfounded (the online documentation was misleading). The docking setup screen allows disabling the speakerphones. and my Bluetooth connection to my car continued to function.

Apogies for a false alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by rjesurum View Post
    The Google documentation states that with the Nexus One Car Dock attached, Bluetooth ear sets will not work. What about cars with built in Bluetooth telephone support? Is there a way to turn off the Car Dock's Bluetooth speakers in favor of more advanced features which come with many modern cars?

I have ordered the Car Dock, but may be facing buyer's remorse!
    I am interested in this question as well. My new Infiniti M56S has built in bluetooth and I'd rather hear the call/music over the awesome 16 speaker Bose system instead the tiny stereo speakers on this car dock. I think it's a good feature, but an override is competely neccessary in today's day and age, IMO. Is there any way that you can link me to the car dock's documentation? I would appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by cadred View Post
    I'm really disapointed in lack of RCA or 3.5mm out. They managed to squeeze it in on the home dock, why not the car dock? Yeah, the headphone will still probably work, but many people (including me) have problems with tracks skipping when plugged into an aux jack.

Also since it pairs over bluetooth, will a headset still work?
    Cadred, I've had the same skipping problem. I even started a thread about the problem with many people posting their own fixes on it. The best fix was to download mixzing from the market, and click the option for that program to handle the headphone controls. That way when you are playing music from the built in player (or any other player) the headphone controls inside the AUX jack will not accidently be "tripped" and all will be well in the Nexus One world.

I am interested in this question as well. My new Infiniti M56S has built in bluetooth and I'd rather hear the call/music over the awesome 16 speaker Bose system instead the tiny stereo speakers on this car dock. I think it's a good feature, but an override is competely neccessary in today's day and age, IMO. Is there any way that you can link me to the car dock's documentation? I would appreciate it!
    http://static.googleusercontent.com/...OneCarDock.pdf

Oh sorry, I misunderstood your question. The AUX jack is NOT blocked, with the proof in the link below. I hope it helps!

http://www.thesearethedroids.com/wp-...e_car_dock.png
    That's exactly what I was looking for. Sweetness! Thanks for your help!
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Nexus One wont open files from another website

Hi. So my problem occurs when I visit certain websites that have documents to look at. When I click on those documents, they dont open. I checked my friends iphone and his phone opens it fine as well as people with the droid. How come I can't open my documents? They are pdfs, and ppt. Would greatly appreciate some adviceeee!

Side-note, how do you like the M56? Its a sexy car...
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links