Car dock

This is a discussion on Car dock within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Thanks for the review. I just ordered my AT&T N1 (couldnt wait any longer on the VZW N1) along with the car dock and desktop ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Car dock

Thanks for the review. I just ordered my AT&T N1 (couldnt wait any longer on the VZW N1) along with the car dock and desktop dock.

Give us more when you get the chance. Im interested in hearing your thoughts and uses of the car dock.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Well my old screen name decided to stop working so had to make a new one.. Anyway..

Played around with it some more. As I said before - very sturdy design. This is due to limited (and very tight) range of motion both on the long arm and smaller one. It has two holes in the back (one is for camera; will post a video once find a converter to convert from 3gp). The headphones jack is not blocked so you can use it for audio as well. The phone slides under the clip rather tightly, but again, sits very solid inside. The back also has speakers which you could use either for music or phone calls, any sort of audio really. I tried it with Pandora and it worked fine for the speakers of that size. The volume control buttons work as well.

Once you put the phone in for the first time and the dock is plugged in, you can choose whether you want to use phone for music and media, and for speaker phone. Speaker phone will disable hands free bluetooth the car might have. All you have to do is simply check it off and car bluetooth works perfectly fine.

So.. GPS works great. Phone is charging. And I can also use it as an in-car camera that I wanted to buy. Great investment in my opinion.

The only two concerns I had were - the little green light stays on regardless if it's plugged in or not, and you have to figure out how you want it positioned prior to tightening, due to twisting it to hold, thus movie the limited motion's range.. It's not that hard to figure out, but if you are doing it rather often, could get annoying.

p.s. you can also make it vertical, diagonal, however you want it.

Vids: (Notice the adaptiveness to the sun's brightness; also, lag is due to conversion and youtube, not phone capture)
    Horizontal (a little shaky)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxSGHjtAMGI[/ame]
    Vertical (very sturdy due to the bottom touching the dash as well)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tw7db8DE3s[/ame]

And here are the pics:

Here's my review.. I had it in another thread..

1. The car AC adapter cord is the old telephone coil style cord. I like it stright code so I can hide it easily.

2. You have to turn the volume all the way up before docking. Otherwise, the dock's volume control will max at the current volume (come on google, I thought you could do better than this). Also, holding the button doesn't make the volume louder or less continously. You have to keep hitting the rocker button.

3. I can't seem to have it mount right. When I change from vertical to wide mode, I have to turn 270 degree instead of 90 degree.

4. The so called amp. speaker is nice. But it could never be nicer than your car stereo. The good thing is, the dock won't block the 3.5mm jack

5. Did a test drive calling a friend. She said my voice was very clear. So that's a good thing for the BT speaker phone.

I guess the thing that bugs me is I can't rotate from landscape to portrait without going all the way around. it's 270 degree turn. Can't do 90 degree rotate. mad!!!

btw, the speaker phone will be activated if you dock the phone or not.

Well it would only be if it's connected via bluetooth to the dock, no? I had my car bluetooth work and then without connected to the dock it was working as regular phone..

can you turn anti-clockwise to change from portrait to landscape mode and vice verse? I can only do closewise which goes 270 degree.

Yes, only clockwise, with the starting position as straight vertical

I'm actually thinking of returning the dock. There're so many limitations to live with.

I guess it depends on what you wanted from it. I got the car charger that I needed, a good sturdy place to lock the phone in in case i want to hook it up to my speakers via AUX. And I got an in-car camera. Those run ~100 if not more. So for 55$ seems to be a good investment to me. But again, depends on what you wanted/expected.

> i want to hook it up to my speakers via AUX

How you get that hook up?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links