Car dock

This is a discussion on Car dock within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; How do you disable screen timeout? All I find in the Sound and Screen settings is a maximum timout of 30 minutes? As far as ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Car dock

Screen Timout

How do you disable screen timeout? All I find in the Sound and Screen settings is a maximum timout of 30 minutes?

As far as the "On" button is concerned, it is imbedded in the car dock and not available w/o removing the phone from the dock.

You can download an app to disable screen timeout. However I don't understand why you would want to have phone screen constantly on without using it?

The On button is not covered by the dock, unless you are inserting it upside down. It is located right next to the clip that goes over the phone.

I like to have the map displayed when driving and I have disabled the screen timeout when plugged into USB in the development menu but the screen still dims to where it is barely visible, it is on I just can't see it. Is there a way to disable the dimming behavior?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rjesurum View Post
    How do you disable screen timeout? All I find in the Sound and Screen settings is a maximum timout of 30 minutes?

As far as the "On" button is concerned, it is imbedded in the car dock and not available w/o removing the phone from the dock.
    I agree...the power button is still accessible. I just used my N1 to drive to and from a location this weekend and was able to access the power/on button while it is in the dock.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobalu View Post
    I like to have the map displayed when driving and I have disabled the screen timeout when plugged into USB in the development menu but the screen still dims to where it is barely visible, it is on I just can't see it. Is there a way to disable the dimming behavior?

Thanks
    Are you just displaying the map, or using navigation? When I use navigation, the phone never sleeps. I didn't have to make any setting changes, it just worked.

Yeah, ive not made any changes to the timeout settings either and my N1 never went dark while I had navi going.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

The reason why it never went dark with Navi is because it's an active application, some of which disable the screen dim/turn off. However, if you are just using maps, the phone assumes you forgot about it, so it packs it's things and leaves, err, turns screen off/dims. Unlike with Navi, where it thinks you are constantly addressing it..

Quote Originally Posted by KoRTy View Post
    The reason why it never went dark with Navi is because it's an active application, some of which disable the screen dim/turn off. However, if you are just using maps, the phone assumes you forgot about it, so it packs it's things and leaves, err, turns screen off/dims. Unlike with Navi, where it thinks you are constantly addressing it..
    Ah...that makes sense then. There should be a way to disable the screen timeout, but i dont know how.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

You are correct, in NAV the screen never dims only in other apps like map. I am not sure why you would want the phone to dim at all when in the car dock. Heat issue maybe?? My GPS never dimmed when not actively navigating, just showing the map.

nice...can't wait to put mine on my car.. it should be arrive today.....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links