Car dock

This is a discussion on Car dock within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Nexus One Car Dock Charges your phone's battery, has built-in speaker and Bluetooth, and provides quick access to voice commands & Google Maps Navigation. $55.00 ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car dock

Car dock

Nexus One Car Dock
    Charges your phone's battery, has built-in speaker and Bluetooth, and provides quick access to voice commands & Google Maps Navigation. $55.00 Whoot

https://www.google.com/phone/choose?hl=en&gl=US&s7e=
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

tinyurl.com/techienewsmongral

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nice find! I looked a couple of hours ago, and it wasn't there!

The car dock uses bluetooth to communicate with the Nexus One and automatically establishes a connection when the phone is inserted. The Car Home application is then launched with allows the user easy access to Maps and Navigation, Contacts, and Voice Search. Built-in speakers provide music playback and calls using the speakerphone.

From Google: The Nexus One Car Dock is the perfect place to put your phone when you’re in the car. In addition to holding your Nexus One, the car dock also charges your phone’s battery, lets you use your phone handsfree, and provides easier access to voice and navigation apps.

The dock’s built-in speakers and volume controls also enhance the in-car music and media experience. And the Car Home app, which loads automatically, makes it easy to access Maps and Navigation, Voice Search, Contacts, and Music.

You can mount the dock on the windshield or dashboard, and it ships with an adhesive disc that lets you attach it to a textured surface as well. The dock comes with a charger to fit into your car’s 12V utility socket, and the holder can rotate for flexible orientation.
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

tinyurl.com/techienewsmongral

I wonder if you can plug a mini-to-mini jack in the headphone jack to run music into an Aux port (for those of us that don't have cars with blutooth audio systems). I hope so, it's not clear from the picture.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    I wonder if you can plug a mini-to-mini jack in the headphone jack to run music into an Aux port (for those of us that don't have cars with blutooth audio systems). I hope so, it's not clear from the picture.
    Actually, never mind. I don't think I could use it anyways because I have a case on my phone. Bummer.

Actually, never mind. I don't think I could use it anyways because I have a case on my phone. Bummer.

I wouldn't say that! I used the mini-jack this weekend, and the phone was in an InnocaseII...no issues, and even allowed hands-free use, with the caller routed to the car's stereo speakers, and the phone acting as a handsfree mic!

It's really stupid for google not to include RCA out. $55 is a bit expensive. I am thinking of buying anothe desktop dock to stick to the dashboard since it's adhesive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post

I wouldn't say that! I used the mini-jack this weekend, and the phone was in an InnocaseII...no issues, and even allowed hands-free use, with the caller routed to the car's stereo speakers, and the phone acting as a handsfree mic!
    Sorry, I meant with a case the car adapter seems to be locked into the size of a naked nexus one (with the right side the snuggly grabs the right and then the hook that locks it on).

Just use the aux port built into the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by superwario View Post
    Just use the aux port built into the phone?
    Yes, that's what I'm asking, it looks like there's a lip that wraps around the phone edges to cradle/hold it in place, which could potentially prevent access to the port.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links