Buying Nexus one to be used in China. Should I get Tmo or ATT version?

This is a discussion on Buying Nexus one to be used in China. Should I get Tmo or ATT version? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; A friend of mine wants to buy the Nexus one to be used in China. Should I get the Tmobile version or the AT&T version? ...

Thread: Buying Nexus one to be used in China. Should I get Tmo or ATT version?

Buying Nexus one to be used in China. Should I get Tmo or ATT version?

A friend of mine wants to buy the Nexus one to be used in China. Should I get the Tmobile version or the AT&T version?

Anybody knows?'

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

well you should look at what carrier your are going to use. I got the T-mobile (with contract) and I will be able to use it when I go back to taiwan.

Used this to start: GSM World Coverage Map- GSM Country List by frequency bands
    but I also checked with other sources just to double/triple check.

also remember that 3g and radio (talk function) bands are different and separate. for example in taiwan my carrier uses 900/1800 radio bands and 2100 for 3g band- which matches the T-mobile specs.

hope that helps.

mah
    I don't know what coverage China has, but for what its worth I was in China (Shanghai) with my dark-ages phone (pre-Nexus One). It was a BlackBerry Pearl, with service through T-Mobile, and my phone worked there.

actually that doesn't give any info on bands in china cause the pearl was GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband). meaning it could've been any of them working.

my best guess would be the Tmobile version from the information (link posted earlier). It looks like china runs on 900 radio and 2100 Data.

Either way you will definitely be able to make/receive calls cause the nexus one is quad band radio.

i used N1 this Feb when i back to China, I used CMCC and it worked, i can use 3G and Edge and all other stuff.
    and really need a Data plan....

you should let him buy one of them chinese iphones for 100$ off the ebay

pinkwall is smoking crack.

CMCC = China Mobile and let me put it this way. There is not a single 3G phone in the world that is not an exclusive China Mobile phone that will work on their 3G network. Why, they use a properitary China-only 3G spec.

If you get the Nexus One T-mobile version, it will work in China on 2g AND 3g but only with China Unicom. Not sure about the ATT version. You will get only 2g with China Mobile.

Thanks for the info.

I already ordered a tmobile version of it. =)

I am in China and had my mother buy a Nexus One for me to use here. She is over 75 and screwed it all up. She ended up getting me an AT&T Nexus. Does anyone know if this will work on the China Unicom 3G system. Just wonder if anyone has an update. Thanks...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links