1st gen iPhone to N1 Question

This is a discussion on 1st gen iPhone to N1 Question within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by ardynine Originally Posted by dixy2k Originally Posted by ardynine By cancelling the iphone plan, i get unlimited data AND unlimited text for ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st gen iPhone to N1 Question

Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    By cancelling the iphone plan, i get unlimited data AND unlimited text for $30, saving me $20 for the separate texting plan.

You probably got the family plan $10 for data and $20 for unlimited SMS.
    Hmm I don't think so. Here is a screen shot of my att account's feature settings.

That's a weird plan. I wonder if that is 3G or EDGE.

It's 3G. My phone is showing HSDPA and I can confirm my data speed isn't any slower than before.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    It's 3G. My phone is showing HSDPA and I can confirm my data speed isn't any slower than before.
    I'm gonna try it today and see what happens. It's only a matter of time before AT&T getting hip to it and get stingy on the service.

*update*

So I had to give them my IMEI number to take off my old one for the Backflip. But I didn't tell I had a Nexus 1. I just told them it's not an AT&T phone. No problems changing and I am now back on the old $30 unlimited data/text plan.

You can go here to change your IMEI number w/o even talking to anyone

att.com/updatedevice

I'm thinking you don't need the smartphone plan because AT&T don't have these IMEI numbers for N1 because it's not a subsidized phone. And because of that, they can't deny the change in service because their system doesn't recognize the N1 as being a smart phone.

WOOHOO!

Let's see how it runs for the next couple of days.

Why not use GV SMS instead of AT&T SMS?
    You can save $15 a month that way.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Why not use GV SMS instead of AT&T SMS?
    You can save $15 a month that way.

In this one case, personally for me I'd perfer AT&T. There's a ton of options Google is offering to the phone, but there's some thing I would perfer to have go through my phone company.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    *update*

So I had to give them my IMEI number to take off my old one for the Backflip. But I didn't tell I had a Nexus 1. I just told them it's not an AT&T phone. No problems changing and I am now back on the old $30 unlimited data/text plan.

att.com/updatedevice

I'm thinking you don't need the smartphone plan because AT&T don't have these IMEI numbers for N1 because it's not a subsidized phone. And because of that, they can't deny the change in service because their system doesn't recognize the N1 as being a smart phone.

WOOHOO!

Congrats Let me know how it turns out. I had to give them my IMEI number also but it didn't look like the guy knew what kind of phone I had.
    So far nothing is wrong. Still unlimited data and text for $30.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    *update*

att.com/updatedevice

WOOHOO!

Congrats Let me know how it turns out. I had to give them my IMEI number also but it didn't look like the guy knew what kind of phone I had.
    So far nothing is wrong. Still unlimited data and text for $30.
    I dare not share this with the AT&T forum board. AT&T liable to set up some kind of lock out on N1. But I don't see how they could if they can't register the IMEI numbers in their system.

oh well. I get to save a couple of bucks and not sacrifice service.

I had the 15 dollar data plan, and one day I received a text message from A&TT it said that since I had a smartphone I was required to get the 30 dollar data plan. Somehow at&t network recognise it was a smartphone and added this plan automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by lionsson View Post
    I had the 15 dollar data plan, and one day I received a text message from A&TT it said that since I had a smartphone I was required to get the 30 dollar data plan. Somehow at&t network recognise it was a smartphone and added this plan automatically.
    Well until then, I'm sticking to the plan I have right now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links