Wifi issue? doesn't the Nexus auto find wifi?

This is a discussion on Wifi issue? doesn't the Nexus auto find wifi? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am use to the iphone where wifi is automatically found once setup. e.g i use my iphone at home and the phone switches from ...

Thread: Wifi issue? doesn't the Nexus auto find wifi?

Wifi issue? doesn't the Nexus auto find wifi?

I am use to the iphone where wifi is automatically found once setup. e.g i use my iphone at home and the phone switches from 3G to Wifi automatically while at home

The Nexus isn't doing this??? Meaning that I have to keep checking my Nexus everytime I get back to my apartment and change the settings to wifi.

Is this an issue? Am I doing something wrong?

This is very annoying. If i forget to switch to wifi I will be sucking 3G data.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It is an issue. Try 'WiFi fixer' from the market. Put the app on your task killer's exclude list. I had the same problem, and that fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    It is an issue. Try 'WiFi fixer' from the market. Put the app on your task killer's exclude list. I had the same problem, and that fixed it.
    I need "Task Killer" as well? How do I put Wifi fixer on exclude list?
    Sorry for the questions-newbie here.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    I need "Task Killer" as well? How do I put Wifi fixer on exclude list?
    Sorry for the questions-newbie here.

Thanks again
    I think he meant that IF you had a task killer, to put it on the exclude list so it doesnt automataclally kill the app.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

have you used ATK? There's a list of green checkmarks on the side when you open it. Anything checked gets killed. Un-check the wifi app, and it won't be shut off.

I've never had the problem you mentioned though. Might want to try a hard-reset / re-update. A hard-reset is always a good idea for new devices, especially post-firmware update.

Good luck

*Edit* ATK is the most popular task killer. The free version is very quick and comprehensive. Doesn't do everything, but it's light and fast and great. A top recommended Android app on most sites. Astro File Manager is a much more heavy-duty solution. Great for searching your memory card. Both are free (and hugely popular), so I'd say get both. You'll use ATK all the time, but Astro is indispensable every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronPlatypus View Post
    have you used ATK? There's a list of green checkmarks on the side when you open it. Anything checked gets killed. Un-check the wifi app, and it won't be shut off.

I've never had the problem you mentioned though. Might want to try a hard-reset / re-update. A hard-reset is always a good idea for new devices, especially post-firmware update.

Good luck

*Edit* ATK is the most popular task killer. The free version is very quick and comprehensive. Doesn't do everything, but it's light and fast and great. A top recommended Android app on most sites. Astro File Manager is a much more heavy-duty solution. Great for searching your memory card. Both are free (and hugely popular), so I'd say get both. You'll use ATK all the time, but Astro is indispensable every once in a while.
    Thanks for the explanation on ATK, much appreciated. I will leave the hard reset for now. I don't really want to lose all my apps and then have to install them again.

What is the use for ATK though? How or when would this be useful to me?

Quote Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaffronPlatypus View Post

Good luck

Thanks for the explanation on ATK, much appreciated. I will leave the hard reset for now. I don't really want to lose all my apps and then have to install them again.

What is the use for ATK though? How or when would this be useful to me?
    ATK is 'Advanced Task Killer'. It's just one of many task killers for android that kills running apps. There are several different task killers, that's just a popular one. You don't need one, but most people would probably advise you to use one. It's kind of like windows task manager.

When you download wifi fixer, it will run in the background to keep your wifi active, and running correctly, so if you're using a task killer, you put wifi fixer on the task killer's exclude list, by long pressing the app inside the task killer and selecting exclude. This way it will basically run uninterrupted.

I don't know how to do a quote from inside a quote so here goes: "Thanks for the explanation on ATK, much appreciated. I will leave the hard reset for now. I don't really want to lose all my apps and then have to install them again."
    I had to do a hard re-set on my Nexus One and all my apps were automatically installed again after the re-set. You have to enable the back up option under the Privacy option in Settings.

I think ATK also will back up your apps to your SD card.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links