PopCap games...

This is a discussion on PopCap games... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Like many of us, I would love to see some PopCap games on Android! They have some of the best casual games out there, like ...

Thread: PopCap games...

PopCap games...

Like many of us, I would love to see some PopCap games on Android! They have some of the best casual games out there, like Peggle and Plants vs Zombies.
    I did some Googling around and couldn't find any reliable info on when/if it will come out on Android. So I decided to email them myself. Here is their reply:
    "We're workin' on 'em... no arrival dates announced yet tho - stay tuned!"

Hopefully it will be here in the near future and it won't be some poor iPhone port!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I wonder if we will ever see any cool games with awesome graphics out on android. It seems like every good developer is going straight for the iphone and you can't blame them with the amount of younger people flocking to that platform. Its a great target.

My girlfriend has Peggle on her iPhone 3gs and I'm jealous! I emailed popcap too and got this:

Hello Thank you for contacting PopCap Games Customer Support. We hope the following nformation will be of help to you We’re hard at work on porting our games to virtually every console and handheld platform on the planet Our upcoming plans include Sony PS2, Xbox 360, various Nintendo platforms including Nintendo DS, as well as more games for mobile phones, BlackBerry and other portable devices. Stay tuned to our web site http:// PopCap Games - Home of the World's Best Free Online Games or sign up to our Newsletter for news and updates! Subscribe to PopCap Games' newsletter for news, previews, tips and special offers - PopCap Games - Home of the World's Best Free Online Games subscribe.php

Notice this stock reply doesn't mention android even though I specifically asked about plans for android in my query.

Quote Originally Posted by outspaced View Post
    My girlfriend has Peggle on her iPhone 3gs and I'm jealous! I emailed popcap too and got this:

Hello Thank you for contacting PopCap Games Customer Support. We hope the following nformation will be of help to you We’re hard at work on porting our games to virtually every console and handheld platform on the planet Our upcoming plans include Sony PS2, Xbox 360, various Nintendo platforms including Nintendo DS, as well as more games for mobile phones, BlackBerry and other portable devices. Stay tuned to our web site http:// PopCap Games - Home of the World's Best Free Online Games or sign up to our Newsletter for news and updates! Subscribe to PopCap Games' newsletter for news, previews, tips and special offers - PopCap Games - Home of the World's Best Free Online Games subscribe.php

Notice this stock reply doesn't mention android even though I specifically asked about plans for android in my query.
    Yeah I figured I'd get a stock response so I contacted their press contact person. It was a little difficult to find the contact info but it's on their "Press Room" link all the way at the bottom.

Well if they ignore Android they are losing a lot of money. I know I would buy a few of their games for sure. The games section of the market is a little lacking. I can only play so much robo defense.

I was surprised at how many people thought robo defense was an awesome game. Its almost a direct rip of fieldrunners except for the poor quality.

I really don't think they will be ignoring Android. They're pretty uptight about the quality of their games so it's probably taking a while until they're able to release. Also the iPad launch probably isn't helping either. Of course that's just me hopeful wishing.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links