multitouch still with problems?

This is a discussion on multitouch still with problems? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by T5Dave Originally Posted by rioja Originally Posted by intenz My phone has this problem. I'm curious as to what app you're get ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: multitouch still with problems?

Quote Originally Posted by T5Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    My phone has this problem.
    I'm curious as to what app you're get these problems in?
    Download "Pong Multi Touch" and try and have a live 2-player game. It will be almost impossible to play. Even the dev notes on the market say "Will not run correctly on HTC devices"

It will not work if you multitouch, it will work ok if you single touch. You'll get all sorts of axis flipping problems and inability to track touches as a direct result of the Clearpad 2000's limitations.
    I tried it and definitely see what you mean. It doesn't work at all. I guess most of my multitouching has involved the simple pinch and zoom so I didn't notice it before.

dont know why HTC use clearpad 2000 knowing all the limitations.....

its a hardware or driver problem??

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    dont know why HTC use clearpad 2000 knowing all the limitations.....

its a hardware or driver problem??
    $$$ and

It's not a problem, but it is a limitation. As I put in my other post on the first page, there is a switch in the android OS that filters the touchscreen information (config_FilterTouchEvents or something) that is only enabled on the G1, when set to enabled on the N1 it is meant to fix everything but axis-snapping.

Whether that fixes the Pong Multi Touch (and other multitouch games such as Snesoid - Mario Kart is pretty much unplayable as the car goes everywhere when the touchpad bugs out) it remains to be seen. I don't think any roms out have a recompiled kernel that have the switch, switched yet.

yeah, but u also said that it didnt fix 100% of the problem, it just keep snapping on the edges google should fix that problem... and now that blackdroid is working on a rom for us, we must tell them to fix that problem (enabling the switch by default)

or if the problem is software, just change the driver to a better one xD (this could be hard)

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    My phone has this problem.
    I'm curious as to what app you're get these problems in?
    This one...

Multitouch Visible Test v1.1 Application for Android | Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    yeah, but u also said that it didnt fix 100% of the problem, it just keep snapping on the edges google should fix that problem... and now that blackdroid is working on a rom for us, we must tell them to fix that problem (enabling the switch by default)

or if the problem is software, just change the driver to a better one xD (this could be hard)
    I have just been in the Cyanogen IRC channel, and the man himself said that the switch is flipped in the Cyanogen rom, and it does improve matters over stock.

As for it being a driver problem, from what I've understood so far it's a low level driver that is problematic. It could be microcode in the touch screen handler and as such un-updateable, who knows...

Flipping the switch is meant to help a little bit, but we need people in here who are running custom roms to post their findings on axis flipping / snapping vs those who are running stock roms.

So is this axis flipping problem on every Nexus One?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links