multitouch still with problems?

This is a discussion on multitouch still with problems? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzhUzq6bTPg]YouTube - Motorola Droid vs Nexus One: Multitouch Test[/ame] did they fix that??? or fix coming?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: multitouch still with problems?

multitouch still with problems?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzhUzq6bTPg]YouTube - Motorola Droid vs Nexus One: Multitouch Test[/ame]

did they fix that??? or fix coming?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

???? no one know?

Well, you could always try this app and see for yourself MultiTouch Visualizer v1.0.0 Application for Android | Tools

I don't have any multitouch problems

i dont have the phone yet, thats why im asking

Oh sorry

Yea.. np for me! I just tried the app too, multitouch works fine, it didn't get confused like in the video.

nice!!!!!

im asking cos ive seen alot of game reviews on youtube and all the guys says that n1 dont support multitouch and i want a game like this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw7_DvkbiOQ]YouTube - Minigore iPhone App Review - AppVee.com[/ame]

It will get confused with quick multitouch movements across the axis, its not just a problem with the N1, but anything using the Synaptics Cleartouch 2000 digitiser.

The digitiser can track multiple touches, but it doesn't assign unique ID's to each one, so when the X or Y axis is crossed, the phone loses track of where each touch goes to, which leads to the transposing of the touch inputs.

There is a switch in the Android OS that is set to True for the G1, but False for everything else and apparently Cyanogen has tested toggling it on the nexus, and says that the touch problems all but go away (apparently still has a tendency to snap-to-axis, but doesn't flip them), it remains to be seen if this will be toggled by google or if it's going to be a rooted-only modification.

There's loads more detail on this on xda-developers. It will affect any phone with the Cleartouch 2000 digitiser, which HTC fit as default. The HTC Desire, Nexus 1 definitely have the problem, but the Motorola Droid doesn't use the same digitiser, and thus doesn't have the axis flipping problem.

My phone has this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    I'm curious as to what app you're get these problems in?

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    I'm curious as to what app you're get these problems in?
    Download "Pong Multi Touch" and try and have a live 2-player game. It will be almost impossible to play. Even the dev notes on the market say "Will not run correctly on HTC devices"

It will not work if you multitouch, it will work ok if you single touch. You'll get all sorts of axis flipping problems and inability to track touches as a direct result of the Clearpad 2000's limitations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links