State Farm

This is a discussion on State Farm within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Insurance Durant, OK - State Farm Agent Jim McGill call and ask him why state farm wont cover it, a lot of states regulate the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: State Farm

Insurance Durant, OK - State Farm Agent Jim McGill

call and ask him why state farm wont cover it, a lot of states regulate the insurance industry maybe where you live the state has some kind of law against personal property being covered.

he even knew what a nexus one was, what a ballar :O)

I know each agent is free to run their business as they wish, it's the company that controls what sort of insurance products are sold. I'm in tech and not underwriting or anything, so know just about diddly when it come to insurance, but I know for sure other have insured their N1's with SF.
    Rooted Nexus One

when i get time ill pull out my policy for my phone i received in the mail last week and see if it says anything specific

I think I can help clarify this situation.

State Farm DOES in fact insure cell phones, they do it through their "Personal Articles Policy". Their are two requirements to get it. One, that the phone has to be worth over $500 (which is why they will say they don't insure cell phones because most aren't worth that much including the IPHONE) but the Nexus One is worth over $500. Two, you HAVE to have some type of policy with them already.

If you don't you have a policy with them, you can get some type of home/renters insurance which is crazy cheap (and your an idiot if you don't have something like that in place already). I actually signed up for renters insurance which was $15/month (cheaper than what I was paying) which allowed me to get the phone covered with the Personal Articles Policy.

It's $34/year with No Deductible. It covers everything except software problems. So theft, damage, you get pissed and decide to throw it in a river, etc. gets covered.

This coverage isn't limited by agents, they ALL can offer this policy

This post http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...nexus-one.html tells all the details (go to page 9 or 10 I believe to see the State Farm stuff).

Not what my agent told me...

I've been insured with State Farm for over 26 years, across two homes and a bunch of automobiles. I called my agent a couple of weeks ago after reading a similar story about this coverage on the T-Mobile Customer Forum site 9the topic was the Nexus).

My agent informed me, without batting an eye, that they do not offer the coverage. Her explanation was that the company was getting a bucnh of claims from people who they believed intentionally damaged or "lost" phones they didn't like or had old models they wanted to upgrade or replace.

I would love to be wrong about this.

Before mentioning the word "phone" ask about Personal Articles Policy requirments. When they say "You must have a policy and it be more than $500" whip out the receipt and call them on it. Here's the details from State Farm's site..

http://www.statefarm.com/insurance/other/personal.asp
    Personal Articles
    You may have more valuable possessions than you realize. Your Homeowners Policy can provide some coverage, but with deductibles and limitations. A Personal Articles Policy can provide the additional coverage that you may need.
    Some items the Personal Articles Policy may cover are:
    Jewelry
    Furs
    Cameras
    Musical Instruments
    Silverware/Goldware
    Golf Equipment
    Fine Art (such as paintings, vases, antique furniture, oriental rugs, rare glass, and china)
    Collectibles
    Sports Equipment
    Computer Equipment

If these things can get covered you should have no problem getting a ~$550 phone covered. Use that PAP terminology though.
    Rooted Nexus One

you do not have to have a policy already with them to get the phone coverage, bc i dont. this phone policy is the only insurance i have through state farm.

A somewhat related note... State Farm Pocket Agent was just released today for Android.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...d-android.html
    Rooted Nexus One

lolol good to know

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links