State Farm

This is a discussion on State Farm within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I can confirm here in Oklahoma, well Durant, OK, that state farm will insure your nexus one, for 33 bucks a year with no deductible!...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State Farm

State Farm

I can confirm here in Oklahoma, well Durant, OK, that state farm will insure your nexus one, for 33 bucks a year with no deductible!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

O_O I had no idea that state farm does electronic device insurance?

Doesn't say anything about it on the site.... What does it actually cover though?

The full cost of price? What are the terms of coverage? Does it not cover stolen/water/drop damage?
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

i believe my agent said it will cover everything except software problems, i showed him my nexus one receipt and he wrote everything down how much it cost and the serial number. took less then 10 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Does it not cover stolen/water/drop damage?
    I read that as storm/water/crop damage! LOL!

Re: State Farm

im pretty sure it is for anything. if u lose it. smash it. get it wet. etc

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

damn it! i called my state farm agent and they said they don't insure mobile devices...i feel so slighted. bastards!!

So does it depend on your agent? I'd really like to get in on that. I'm paying T-Mobile twice that and they have the deductible of 130 smackeroonies!

Re: State Farm

yep. guess it depends on you agent. he said he insures a lot of iphones.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Some thoughts from my experience:

I called 3 state farm agents (maybe I wasn't the MOST persistent) in my area, NYC, to try and take out a personal article policy for my nexus one. I do not currently have any policies with state farm.

First I'd like to state this entire act of calling a insurance carrier to get insurance on my cell phone made me feel like a teenager as i try to make sure my most prized possession would not be taken from me.

When i spoke with the agents and told them what i wanted to cover it did not go well from there. One agent specifically said "the internet lies, we do not offer that coverage." Then explained how they used to have a policy for iphones but when they realized how easily and often they broke state farm discovered how much money they were losing and decided to end that program.

the next agent said I couldn't take out a policy for my phone without having some other kind of insurance with them. I was then told that cell phone would only be covered under renters insurance with a $500 dollar deductible so I'd get $75 for my broken phone. Paying $500 for the deductible and $135 for the years coverage doesn't make any sense.

The last agent said again i couldn't get it without some other type of insurance with them. I gave up and got off the phone. At this point i felt silly. Maybe you are a person less likely to feel embraced by insurance agents treating you like a child (in an extremely friendly manner) for your request to insure a cell phone, but I already felt stupid. I couldn't continue this game thinking that there was no longer any hope.

I don't think many state farm agents will actually just give you this policy alone. No one actually told me it existed even with other insurance i couldn't get the no deductible $35 a year deal.

If you find an agent though you should put up their name and number for other people in your area. Let's try and save some people the embarrassment of rejection

I talked to my Erie Insurance(Pa.) agent today and they said that my phone was covered on my homeowners policy. Unfortunately minus the deductible but that's better than nothing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links