Always accidentally going into search

This is a discussion on Always accidentally going into search within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Does anyone else find as they're using some app or other (for me especially when playing Air Control) I find that I'm suddenly in the ...

Thread: Always accidentally going into search

Always accidentally going into search

Does anyone else find as they're using some app or other (for me especially when playing Air Control) I find that I'm suddenly in the google search box and my game's left behind paused. If ever I pick my phone up and I'm not looking what I'm doing with it I find it's gone into google search box waiting for me to type or say something.

Can the search soft-key be customized so that it needs to be pressed for a long time (like when you want to edit something you hold down for a whole second or so) ?

I guess the same thing would apply to the home key.

I'm not rooted and don't plan to be.

It's not going to bug me, I just need to get used to the phone more and think about how I'm holding it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had this "problem" few times as well, especially while texting. This one time I was writing a long text and in the middle of it, it went into the search bar but I didn't realize it so I typed up the whole thing in the search box instead of the text. It's a minor annoyance for me and it doesn't really happen anymore since I'm more used to my phone now

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Does anyone else find as they're using some app or other (for me especially when playing Air Control) I find that I'm suddenly in the google search box and my game's left behind paused. If ever I pick my phone up and I'm not looking what I'm doing with it I find it's gone into google search box waiting for me to type or say something.

Can the search soft-key be customized so that it needs to be pressed for a long time (like when you want to edit something you hold down for a whole second or so) ?

I guess the same thing would apply to the home key.

I'm not rooted and don't plan to be.

It's not going to bug me, I just need to get used to the phone more and think about how I'm holding it.
    A couple of times I've been in a particular app and the Google search box opens up...

I was never able to figured why, as it happens so in frequent.

For customizing the soft-key so that it's only enabled after a long press...

"No can do'', as this would need an OTA update or possibly 'root' to get this capabilities.

When holding the phone, make sure your hand is not wrapping around and engaging the touch screen.

rje
    It isn't happening by accident. Your hitting the search button inadvertently.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links