Using a Nexus One in Israel and the US

This is a discussion on Using a Nexus One in Israel and the US within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; hey all! A friend of mine is interested in getting a Nexus One. Unfortunately, he is on Verizon right now in a family plan with ...

Thread: Using a Nexus One in Israel and the US

Using a Nexus One in Israel and the US

hey all!

A friend of mine is interested in getting a Nexus One. Unfortunately, he is on Verizon right now in a family plan with his folks. He is going to Israel for a year pretty soon and he wants a phone that he can use both in Israel and in the US. Are there any Nexus One options that would suit his use?

Thank you

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

sorry, i don't know, so i can update your question to let more members to know it.

nice israel... i want to go there again :P..

back to the point... he is on verizon, there is no N1 for verizon yet and for israel, i dont know any cellphone provider, so i cant answer...

he have to look if there is a CDMA carrier on israel and look for the bands, but if he want to use the phone with different carriers, the best is go for a gsm one... i mean at&t or tmo cos u can just change the sim card and use the phone everywhere where the gsm and umts bands are the same that the phone use

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    nice israel... i want to go there again :P..

back to the point... he is on verizon, there is no N1 for verizon yet and for israel, i dont know any cellphone provider, so i cant answer...

he have to look if there is a CDMA carrier on israel and look for the bands, but if he want to use the phone with different carriers, the best is go for a gsm one... i mean at&t or tmo cos u can just change the sim card and use the phone everywhere where the gsm and umts bands are the same that the phone use
    Thanks for the reply. It sounds like he'll just have to buy a new phone when he gets to Israel. Does anyone on this board know about Israeli carriers and how phones and plans are priced?

GSM Coverage Maps | Israel

No CDMA

Whoops - double post rather than edit!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    GSM Coverage Maps | Israel

No CDMA

Whoops - double post rather than edit!

Perfect, thanks Dave

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links