trackball cleaning

This is a discussion on trackball cleaning within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Not that its dirty or anything but are there any suggestions on keeping it clean? I was concern of dirt buildup...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trackball cleaning

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar

trackball cleaning

Not that its dirty or anything but are there any suggestions on keeping it clean? I was concern of dirt buildup

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'd like to know this as well

I had my nexus one for a long time and I don't think it ever got dirty or changed its color yet... I'd.not worry about cleaning it as.of now. but I'm curious about this too.

i think it uses the same system as the blackberry, and there are a lot of problems with the trackball on those devices but if u keep the phone on the holster u dont need to clean it, otherwise it get dirty the same way as the old mouse with balls

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Not that its dirty or anything but are there any suggestions on keeping it clean? I was concern of dirt buildup
    Wash your hands alot.

I had my nexus one for a long time and I don't think it ever got dirty or changed its color yet... I'd.not worry about cleaning it as.of now. but I'm curious about this too.

Best way to clean it is with an alcohol pad...just use the pad to move the trackball around. Hope this helps

i do think it gets a little darker after a while, im guessing is cause of dirt, maybe with alcohol it will get lighter as when it was new.

figure 8 on a piece of paper to get the dirt out from underneth and if the ball gets dirty they take nail polish remover on a q tip and the use the q tip to clean the crack ball

You should NOT use any type of nail polish remover on the Nexus or any phone. Using a acetone will damage the surface and possibly ruin/degrade the surface of the Nexus and Trackball.

Cleaning the trackball is very similar to how you clean a blackberry or Sidekick which have the same exact trackball.

Using a Q-tip and small amount of rubbing alcohol is enough.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj3IV0OgNaQ]YouTube - sidekick LX trackball cleaning[/ame]

You basically dip the qtip in rubbing alcohol, then rub it in circles over the trackball. Use only a BIT of rubbing alcohol, and wait until it fully dries to repeat the process// use the trackball.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links