DHL in Ontario stole my Phone!!!!!

This is a discussion on DHL in Ontario stole my Phone!!!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; this will teach you not to live in canada! i m sure they will get this situation resolved stop crying calm down relax...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DHL in Ontario stole my Phone!!!!!

this will teach you not to live in canada!
    i m sure they will get this situation resolved stop crying calm down relax

Easy to tell people to relax when it isn't you in the situation. I'll tell you what. You send me $600 and I will forget this even happened.

Lots of people in Canada probably did get their phones without issue but your odds of that happening seem much lower in Ontario.

Re: DHL in Ontario stole my Phone!!!!!

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I live in London, Ontario and the phone was shipped within 3 days to my work. I couldn't believe how fast it arrived, I am used to waiting weeks for something coming from the states.

Anyways, I really hope you come with a solution with either DHL or Google, hopefully the later. Keep us posted with the updates.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I am still waiting to hear from Google and DHL myself. My experience was that simply, the shipment stopped in their system and no one is able to tell me where the phone is.

Finally after a little yelling, an employee at DHL told me that they were having reports of stolen phones and since my shipment details had not changed in 3 days and since the warehouse was not responding to their calls, I should initiate a chargeback through my credit card company becasue this phone was stolen.

I called the nice people at Google, who would like me to wait 72 hours for them to complete their investigation into the matter. I will give them some time, but am keeping my credit card company involved, so I can them get involved in the resolution.

I can only blame Google for their very poor chouce of courier... actually, that reminds me..... I saw a courier guy in a phone shop a few weeks ago, telling the store owner that he can get all sorts of new phones....

Ugh, I really hope this doesn't happen to me when I order :\

edit: heh, I wonder if this is one of your phones :P
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Quote Originally Posted by doc-ryu View Post
    I can only blame Google for their very poor chouce of courier...
    Sorry you too are suffering at the criminal hands at DHL...but I don't agree with that statement. You should be blaming DHL, imho.

Further, I wouldn't be blaming DHL as a company; just the crook(s) that may be working for them. I would expect that if Google sees too big a problem with DHL and "lost" phones, a change will occur ASAP. I have no doubt that they would respond to an epidemic of stolen devices.

Sorry, but I beg to differ. I will blame Google for their choice of service provider and their failure at offering other international options. I would have paid for a more reliable service because I have had other issues with DHL in Canada....DHL, as a company I blame them, because they are vicariously liable for the acts of their employees.

When I spoke to the help desk employees at Google, they stated they had heard many of these cases of stolen phones and numerous times was the idea of giving a choice of courier floated, but not acted upon. According to them, discussions to provide a different international courier was at a corporate level, well at least not general discussions in the call centre,,,

Furthermore, I also blame DHL becausen they are clearly not interested in the person receiving the package (Google is their real client, since we have no choice). For example, I asked them to pay the taxes so the box could be left with my concierge, which they deducted from my credit card and then after they told me it was stolen, they are telling me that I have to reclaim the taxes from the government, for a package I did not receive?

The time when I called, the transaction had not been fully (pending authorisation) posted to my card and so a reversal would have been easy according to processes....imho

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I'm glad Google sent mines to me Fed Ex. Ordered and had it within 24 hrs.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I'm glad Google sent mines to me Fed Ex. Ordered and had it within 24 hrs.
    well you live in Austin, i got mine in less than 24 hrs. These poor guys live in canada so they have no choice but to go with ghetto DHL.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links