DHL in Ontario stole my Phone!!!!!

This is a discussion on DHL in Ontario stole my Phone!!!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by wondermixx Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth I'm glad Google sent mines to me Fed Ex. Ordered and had it within 24 hrs. well ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: DHL in Ontario stole my Phone!!!!!

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wondermixx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I'm glad Google sent mines to me Fed Ex. Ordered and had it within 24 hrs.
    well you live in Austin, i got mine in less than 24 hrs. These poor guys live in canada so they have no choice but to go with ghetto DHL.
    True that, but at the end of the day it's Google decision who they use for the delivery and I'm glad they use Fed Ex for me after hearing these horror stories. They could use any other delivery and it's their discretion. But you don't have any option if you order online. I wonder if you can select who you want delivered if you placed a phone order with them.
    Androidfied.

I cringed when I saw that DHL was the only delivery option for my Canadian order. I've never had a positive service experience from them. I just ordered mine yesterday, so my fingers are crossed that this order beats the odds.

Never mind UPS and FedEx... I'd be happy with USPS Priority Mail International, which has always worked perfectly for me. Why even bother with a private courier when the postal service works so well?

Quote Originally Posted by MattN View Post
    I cringed when I saw that DHL was the only delivery option for my Canadian order. I've never had a positive service experience from them. I just ordered mine yesterday, so my fingers are crossed that this order beats the odds.

Never mind UPS and FedEx... I'd be happy with USPS Priority Mail International, which has always worked perfectly for me. Why even bother with a private courier when the postal service works so well?
    Tracking. USPS does not possess the capability to properly track packages. When I have shipped to Canada, I MUCH prefer USPS, as they already have a special arrangement with Canadian customs, and packages move through the entire system promptly, but I have no way to accurately track packages like I do with Fedex (which are a nightmare to ship to Canada, owing to extra forms,costs, and various other holdups at customs). I suspect DHL has a similar arrangement with Google to fast-track shipments to their Canadian customers, and aside from this recent spat of stolen goods, DHL works well for US-Canada transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

Tracking. USPS does not possess the capability to properly track packages. When I have shipped to Canada, I MUCH prefer USPS, as they already have a special arrangement with Canadian customs, and packages move through the entire system promptly, but I have no way to accurately track packages like I do with Fedex.
    This is partially but not entirely true. All packages sent by First Class Mail and using Priority Mail International flat-rate envelopes or small flat-rate shipping boxes are untrackable. If you ship with PMI without using a flat-rate box, though, you do get tracking (presumably also the case using a "regular" size or larger flat-rate box, judging from the website). It's tracked on the USPS website up to the border, and then on the Canada Post website to your doorstep. Tracking is also provided for all parcels sent using Express Mail International.

My favourite thing about using USPS is that if I'm not home to receive the package, it will be held for pickup at my local post office. Some couriers offer this service, but no courier has a retail depot in every city like the postal service does. DHL, for example, doesn't have one here, so if I miss the drop I literally have to meet the driver in a parking lot like some kind of shady drug deal.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

Tracking. USPS does not possess the capability to properly track packages. When I have shipped to Canada, I MUCH prefer USPS, as they already have a special arrangement with Canadian customs, and packages move through the entire system promptly, but I have no way to accurately track packages like I do with Fedex.
    This is partially but not entirely true. All packages sent by First Class Mail and using Priority Mail International flat-rate envelopes or small flat-rate shipping boxes are untrackable. If you ship with PMI without using a flat-rate box, though, you do get tracking (presumably also the case using a "regular" size or larger flat-rate box, judging from the website). It's tracked on the USPS website up to the border, and then on the Canada Post website to your doorstep. Tracking is also provided for all parcels sent using Express Mail International.

My favourite thing about using USPS is that if I'm not home to receive the package, it will be held for pickup at my local post office. Some couriers offer this service, but no courier has a retail depot in every city like the postal service does. DHL, for example, doesn't have one here, so if I miss the drop I literally have to meet the driver in a parking lot like some kind of shady drug deal.
    Yes..I have sent large/heavy items to Canada using PMI, and the tracking is "In Transit" up until it shows delivered with signature verification...which in my eyes is not 'tracking'. I once did get an email update using EMI, but it was due to an issue at the border, with no real way to respond/assist..I just had to wait it out, along with my recipient...tracking said the same thing for 3 days, then went out for delivery. I've used PMI since.

edit: OH! and UPS is 50+ miles away, and I've literally chased him down in other towns, so I know the 'shady drug deal' feeling you describe! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by doc-ryu View Post
    I am still waiting to hear from Google and DHL myself. My experience was that simply, the shipment stopped in their system and no one is able to tell me where the phone is.

Finally after a little yelling, an employee at DHL told me that they were having reports of stolen phones and since my shipment details had not changed in 3 days and since the warehouse was not responding to their calls, I should initiate a chargeback through my credit card company becasue this phone was stolen.

I called the nice people at Google, who would like me to wait 72 hours for them to complete their investigation into the matter. I will give them some time, but am keeping my credit card company involved, so I can them get involved in the resolution.

I can only blame Google for their very poor chouce of courier... actually, that reminds me..... I saw a courier guy in a phone shop a few weeks ago, telling the store owner that he can get all sorts of new phones....
    I am sitting in the exact same place right now.

I do think Google should be taking more responsibility. When I spoke to their customer service rep. He said that it is really out of their hands and all they can do is fill out some form. I guess the form is to put some pressure on DHL to figure this out.
    When you pay for an item/service that a company is offering, it is not the customers concern that one of the company's middle men screw up. It is the company's because they never completed the agreed transaction.
    So basicly I bought a phone from Google and Google hasn't gotten one to me. That's the bottom line!

JimMariner

Exclamation

Instead of griping about it here, on N1, You should be YELLING at GOOGLE themselves, We are no way connected to Google, But we do have to keep a peaceful demeanor here in N1.

I am going to leave to the original comments intact as of now. But if this keeps going down hill, this thread and all it's content will be gone.

Please be CIVIL in the threads. If you can't be, please go somewhere else.
    All of this can be discussed here in a better manor than it has been.

We understand your pain of this happening. I for one feel for you all too. But this is not the place to vent it all, in a very, unpleasant manner.

Don't make us have to start issuing infractions. Lets keep this productive, Please !

Quote Originally Posted by JimMariner View Post
    Instead of griping about it here, on N1, You should be YELLING at GOOGLE themselves, We are no way connected to Google, But we do have to keep a peaceful demeanor here in N1.

I am going to leave to the original comments intact as of now. But if this keeps going down hill, this thread and all it's content will be gone.

We understand your pain of this happening. I for one feel for you all too. But this is not the place to vent it all, in a very, unpleasant manner.

Don't make us have to start issuing infractions. Lets keep this productive, Please !
    What the heck are you talking about??? I haven't seen the OP write or vent anything in an "unpleasant manner". I think you should just calm down and let members post freely unless there is a rule violation...and since you yourself stated that you are leaving his comments intact, then I don't see how he has done anything wrong.

I thought overall this has been a very civil discussion. Sure there has been a lot of complaining (90% done by me) but what do you expect with the situation?
    No one in this thread has bashed or spoke slightly ill of this forum, its moderators, or even the N1 itself.
    I have to disagree that this forum isn't a suitable place for this. It is a perfect place. When I was researching the N1 this was the forum I kept coming back to. It is where I read about the DHL issue that Mur3 had. I figured it was probably an isolated issue. I wish more people had spoke up on his post.
    This is a Nexus One Forum for all thing Nexus One to be discussed and this, unfortunately for some, is our N1 experience.

JimMariner
    Quote Originally Posted by Air Force One View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMariner View Post

What the heck are you talking about??? I haven't seen the OP write or vent anything in an "unpleasant manner". I think you should just calm down and let members post freely unless there is a rule violation...and since you yourself stated that you are leaving his comments intact, then I don't see how he has done anything wrong.

Ok, here is what happened,, there has been a few threads about this subject, earlier. In my dealing with those, which actually did get out of hand. I mistakenly Posted this here.

I am going to leave my post, and your response.
    I may be ADMIN, but it does not make me perfect, Just an ADMIN.

And "Air Force One", thanks for calling me on this.

I Apologize If may have offended any of you with this post.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links