Stick-on Screen Protectors ?

This is a discussion on Stick-on Screen Protectors ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; On some previous phones I've bought this stick on transparent screen protector layers that stop the screen from getting scratched. Two reasons I'm thinking it ...

Thread: Stick-on Screen Protectors ?

Stick-on Screen Protectors ?

On some previous phones I've bought this stick on transparent screen protector layers that stop the screen from getting scratched. Two reasons I'm thinking it might be a bad idea - firstly it might affect the touch screen functionality, and secondly anything that weakens that awesome OLED screen can't be a good thing.

Has anyone here used one on the Nexus ? Does it still work well and does the power of that OLED awesomeness still shine through ?

Another question just came to mind. Is there any special cleaner you can use on the screen that resists fingerprints/smudges ?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I honestly don't think screen protector is that necessary. These screens are very scratch resistant. On my iphone i didn't use any screen protector for years and there was not a single scratch on it. Same with my N1. Of course I do take very good care of it.
    I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me on this but that's just me.

I would also like to know if there is some sort of cleaner that resists smudges if anyone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
    I honestly don't think screen protector is that necessary. These screens are very scratch resistant. On my iphone i didn't use any screen protector for years and there was not a single scratch on it. Same with my N1. Of course I do take very good care of it.
    I also take good care of my phones so it's good to hear that even after years your iphone screen didn't look beat up.

Maybe there's a nano-coating that can be applied like they do to cars these days.

If you go look under accessories, you'll see a number of threads on screen protectors.

The final word is stay away from anti-glare.

Otherwise, you can use any of the good brands. The static cling ones (removable, washable) ones seem to be the least noticeable ones.

I've used Boxwave Crystal Clear on two different Nexus Ones without a problem. Does not affect the touch screen.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

I use one. I was $1.00 bought online along with my case. It's a no name cling-type that can be pulled off. It doesn't hamper touch performance and is very clear, people can't even tell it's on here.

i take good care of all my stuff, but sometimes s^%t happens so for me its like "just in case" so i bought the clear armor and the tough from case mate and i will put both together xDD

http://www.clear-coat.com

Watch the video. Amazing!!!

I use one and it looks like it's not even there. You probably don't need it but I just use it cause me makes me feel better lol

Hmmm. On the fence on this one. I've watched that video, they do look really good, but only if you get the installation perfect. Super dust free environment, just the right mixture of soapy water, perfect alignment etc etc. I wouldn't want to spend $25 on one unless it was professionally installed too.

I think I'll leave it for now. Might change my mind later.

the little soft pouch that came with the n1 works just fine for me

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links