Any way of organizing contacts off-phone?

This is a discussion on Any way of organizing contacts off-phone? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've noticed that if I login to gmail on my PC, I see no contacts. On my phone though, the same gmail account has 50 ...

Thread: Any way of organizing contacts off-phone?

Any way of organizing contacts off-phone?

I've noticed that if I login to gmail on my PC, I see no contacts. On my phone though, the same gmail account has 50 contacts attached to it. Somehow they haven't sync'ed up.

What I'd like to do is spend an hour cleaning up my contacts list. Make sure everyone has an international prefix number (+49 for Germany, +44 for UK etc) so that they work wherever I am and not only when in the same country. I'd also like to give everyone a photo, check their email is correct etc etc.

It would be far easier doing this on my PC than on the phone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Is your N1 sync'ed with your gmail account, sounds like it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Is your N1 sync'ed with your gmail account, sounds like it is not.
    I haven't specifically done it, so I guess not. I'll look into that. I thought the sync'ing was only important to do if you wanted to get gmail on your phone (which I don't).

Menu>settings>accounts & sync

Here you can see if your gmail is synced. If not you can add an account. Afterwards you can click on it and pick if you want calendar, contacts, and gmail to sync. So you can just sync contacts if you wanted to.
    AT&T 3G Nexus Uno
    -Froyo 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by floridasrt View Post
    Menu>settings>accounts & sync

Here you can see if your gmail is synced. If not you can add an account. Afterwards you can click on it and pick if you want calendar, contacts, and gmail to sync. So you can just sync contacts if you wanted to.
    Thanks. I hadn't bothered going into that sync sub menu because I don't want my email on my phone. Didn't realise there was a chance to sync just the contacts

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links