Cracked Nexus screen repaired?

This is a discussion on Cracked Nexus screen repaired? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; rip that sucks bro I have yet to drop my n1 have it naked use the droid cover it came with cause I like it ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cracked Nexus screen repaired?

rip that sucks bro I have yet to drop my n1 have it naked use the droid cover it came with cause I like it but ya I take care of my phone like it were a baby

Quote Originally Posted by endospark View Post
    Judging by your signature, you have rooted your Nexus One already, and if that is the case you have already voided your warranty my friend, regardless of where you get it repaired and by whom. Just an observation though
    No, rooting your phone voids the SOFTWARE warranty.

Hardware warranty is not affected by rooting.

REGARDLESS, broken screens and broken LCD//Amoled screens, is NOT covered by HTC/GOOGLE, in any fashion. They pretty much completely avoid any thing about screens.

If I was to get the phone repaired by a 2nd party, it would remove the VOID stickers inside the Nexus, there by removing the HARDWARE warranty, which isn't a problem, UNLESS there is some sort of hardware recall or error with nexus that HTC has to fix. I doubt thats going to happen though... But its nice to have some sort of warranty!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by endospark View Post
    Judging by your signature, you have rooted your Nexus One already, and if that is the case you have already voided your warranty my friend, regardless of where you get it repaired and by whom. Just an observation though
    No, rooting your phone voids the SOFTWARE warranty.

Hardware warranty is not affected by rooting.

REGARDLESS, broken screens and broken LCD//Amoled screens, is NOT covered by HTC/GOOGLE, in any fashion. They pretty much completely avoid any thing about screens.

If I was to get the phone repaired by a 2nd party, it would remove the VOID stickers inside the Nexus, there by removing the HARDWARE warranty, which isn't a problem, UNLESS there is some sort of hardware recall or error with nexus that HTC has to fix. I doubt thats going to happen though... But its nice to have some sort of warranty!
    We need to tread carefully on that topic...technically, HTC can void warranty on ANY unit with the bootloader unlocked. They have chosen to repair/replace rooted units with hardware issues, but that is subject to case-by-case basis, or outright change, at any point.

Any news yet, Neon?
    My sigs keep getting

If HTC isn't doing anything about screens, why isn't the phone dropped off and fixed yet? whats the hold up?
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Hello all! Quick update on the situation.

Main reason I didn't send it back quicker was lack of money, but a friend was kind enough to help me get the money needed. I'll be struggling for a bit to pay it off of course.

Anyways, I decided to go with the HTC route. Called up HTC, gave them my IMEI and they helped sort it out. The people seemed to be rather knowledgeable about the Nexus One, but it DID NOT go smoothly as I was hoping.

They said it would be a 28 dollar hold on my credit card just for the preliminary diagnosis and that it would be released once they got it. Well, the HTC rep at first messed up my information. He said that his system was not allowing the credit card to go through and he tried multiple times to make it go through without success.

So confused, I call my bank and inquire why a payment wouldn't have gone through the credit card, because it worked earlier today for some other payments I made. Well, nothing was wrong with my credit card, and the bank confirmed that there was THREE charges of $28 dollars on my account, ALL from HTC all PENDING. Uhhh??? I call back HTC, and they say they have no way to fix it unless they figure out why the payment wouldn't have gone through.

The rep said for me to make a "conference call" to the bank, but I told him that I didn't have the 3-way function on my houseline. Then he asked to have my bank CALL his private service line. WTF, surely you must be joking if you think that my bank is going to call you anytime soon.

After some patient teeth grinding, it turns out that the rep COPIED my address wrong. -___-;;; He was copy and pasting the address from my original Nexus purchase, and somehow completely put the wrong Zip code.

He stated that the CHEAPEST the repair could be would be 150. And that the HIGHEST the repair could be is 235 and some cents. He said the 235 price is usually if both the digitizer && amoled screen are broken, in mycase they aren't so hopefully it won't be over $200 to get back.

Not the easiest customer care in my opinion, but over all it was under 1 hour on the telephone. I will report in once it gets repaired!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

good news. let us know
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

The moment you open you N1 it loses it's warranty they have a special sticker that when the devise is open it changes color and that how HTC know it's been open.

I remember the first time I crack my first screen about 2 years ago. it was the worse nightmare come true. I now the feeling bro

If you need someone to replace your screen let me know I can fix it for you.

So a second update.

They got my Nexus and within about 4 hours they emailed me their "findings of the diagnostic tests". Lol I'm not sure how many tests they ran, but obviously if you try to turn the phone on, the Amoled screen was shattered.

They send me to the HTC page, where I was able to see my repair bill.

SURPRISINGLY, the total cost to repair the Amoled screen was $115 dollars which includes shipping back from HTC. MUCH less than what I was expecting! They said that that repair included BOTH the digitizer and the Amoled screen!

I'm extremely surprised and happy with my experience with HTC! Customer service was very easy. I ALMOST paid 200 bucks to have the guys at Urgent Iphone Care do it, which risked ruining my warranty AND messing up the phone more!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links