Cracked Nexus screen repaired?

This is a discussion on Cracked Nexus screen repaired? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; wow, this is great news. For you and others that may break the phone. That turns out cheaper than the insurance with deductible, which makes ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cracked Nexus screen repaired?

wow, this is great news. For you and others that may break the phone. That turns out cheaper than the insurance with deductible, which makes me think I chose better off without insurance.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Wow Neon, sorry to hear about the shattering, but awesome news on the great customer service experience.

I GOT MY NEXUS BACK TODAYYYYY!!!!

Its fixed BRAND NEW! The screen is perfect! turned on and I'm so happy! It is indeed my old nexus, cos there was a small scuff near the top and I know this is mine!

Strangely enough, my nexus is NOT rooted anymore...

They somehow factory reset my device back to unrooted stock...
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Excellent, Neon !! Glad it all worked out for you. That is strange about the rooting change. Wonder why?

So after re-rooting my phone and adding Cyanogen 5.0.6, my camera WON'T WORK.

I used nandroid backup to restore a previous backup BEFORE my nexus was damaged, and the camera still goes to a black screen.

I'm investigating more, but I really think HTC might of messed it up during the repair!

I'm going to be calling them up again, if I can't sort out the problem, but this time, i might not be able to get it repaired since I already RE-rooted the phone and have unlocked the bootloader.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I REALLY should of checked out the phone before rooting it again.

But even though they fixed my screen 100% like brand new, I think during screen repair they left some wiring or hardware loose in the upper part of the device motherboard.

Now, my CAMERA && EARPIECE will not work. Camera goes to blackscreen, and from my further messing around, when I tried to use N1 Torch, the app says that 'NO LED IS FOUND' which makes me think the whole camera part isn't connected.

The earpiece is MUTED, and will not play any volume in calls, i had to talk to my HTC rep the 3rd time around on speaker phone. -___-;;

The HTC rep, first asked if I wanted to do a swap, where i send my phone back, and get a replacement phone for a hold of 529. Ummm, no I can't afford that right now. Then she said that a $28 diagnostic charge will be put on my credit to send it in.

UMMM, NO. I literally just paid this $28 bucks a week ago for them to diagnose my screen was shattered, then mess up the phone more than it already was. I politely told her that I'm NOT paying that fee again 1 day after the phone is back from repairs. She then decided to (kindly) waive the diagnostic fee, and she sent me another Fedex label to return the device to HTC.

I have had excellent customer service with HTC which is why i feel bad about being so unhappy with their services..... but I'm really not looking forward to more charges and fees from them. They fixed the Nexus in under 1 business day. Yes speedy repairs, but not very throughout because they must of thrown my phone back together. I asked them if there is any warranty or grace period after repairs are made by HTC, which she said that there ISN'T. Kinda strange for a company, obviously if their repairs aren't correct, they aren't taking ANY responsibility for them.

Plus my Nexus is rooted, so they might even decide that its completely my fault that the camera and earpiece is completely dead. Sending the phone back to HTC monday.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Good luck, hope it will be taken care of properly this time. Keep us posted.
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Yeah, good luck with that man. They should common sense and realise they bust the camera. Rooted phone or not.

Very True! I called them and asked and was told you voided the warranty by rooting the phone. That doesn't mean they won't help someone out, but that was the answer that I got from HTC.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by endospark View Post
    Judging by your signature, you have rooted your Nexus One already, and if that is the case you have already voided your warranty my friend, regardless of where you get it repaired and by whom. Just an observation though
    No, rooting your phone voids the SOFTWARE warranty.

Hardware warranty is not affected by rooting.

REGARDLESS, broken screens and broken LCD//Amoled screens, is NOT covered by HTC/GOOGLE, in any fashion. They pretty much completely avoid any thing about screens.

If I was to get the phone repaired by a 2nd party, it would remove the VOID stickers inside the Nexus, there by removing the HARDWARE warranty, which isn't a problem, UNLESS there is some sort of hardware recall or error with nexus that HTC has to fix. I doubt thats going to happen though... But its nice to have some sort of warranty!
    We need to tread carefully on that topic...technically, HTC can void warranty on ANY unit with the bootloader unlocked. They have chosen to repair/replace rooted units with hardware issues, but that is subject to case-by-case basis, or outright change, at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLeft View Post
    Very True! I called them and asked and was told you voided the warranty by rooting the phone. That doesn't mean they won't help someone out, but that was the answer that I got from HTC.
    But in this situation, I know almost 100% that its hardware error on HTC's behalf.

After the phone's screen was shattered, I was still able to use the phone and camera. For about 2 days while the screen was still half visible, I still used it to talk on, with the ear piece working as it did normally. I was also able to access the camera app. While I did root the phone and void its warranty, rooting would NOT cause the phones hardware to completely stop working, when they were functional BEFORE getting repaired by HTC.

I'm going to wipe and restore the phones stock rom, and put back on the original recovery image and boot screen tonight.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links