Cracked Nexus screen repaired?

This is a discussion on Cracked Nexus screen repaired? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; :/ that's bad luck. hope thing go better this time and u get it back like new. good luck...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cracked Nexus screen repaired?

:/ that's bad luck.
    hope thing go better this time and u get it back like new. good luck

Earlier tonight I found out that my headphone jack is also not functioning either. Tried to use the pair that came with the nexus, and sound would not go to the headphones. It wouldnt even recognize being plugged in or pulled out.

I did a full wipe and reflashed all the stock recovery and boot images. Sending it out later this morning.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Another update for anyone who cares enough to be following the progression of the repair of my Nexus One!

So after flashing the original shipping/stock rom/boot/recovery images, my Nexus was PRETTY MUCH like brand new, with the exception of the unlocked image when booting.

Monday morning, I send out my phone with the FedEx label they gave me.

Tuesday morning (today) at 10AM i get a email from HTC saying they have received my phone and are doing diagnostics. At around noon time (12pm), I call HTC to tell them about the headphone jack problem, (because I had yet to inform them about the issue of the headphone jack since I did not discover it until the night before I send it out.).

The rep noted the problem about the headphone jack in my Repair Ticket info. I asked her what was the current situation with my phone, and she said that they currently were doing repairs on the phone, then would be doing final tests. I asked her if they are already doing repairs, does that mean that I will NOT be charged any additional repair fees or anything? And she confirmed, yes, if I had to pay for anything they would have called me before starting the repairs. I thanked her, and hung up.

Well, less than 20 minutes after getting off the phone, I got a email from HTC saying my phone was already sent out and on its way back to me! I thought it was kinda strange they fixed it SOOO fast again, so I call them back up to confirm.

The second rep said, that if I had just called in 20 minutes ago, most likely the repair department hadn't looked at the new additional notes that I had just added about the headphone jack. She said however, they did repair it and did some tests to make sure everything is fixed. She read me the repair list of things they did to the phone which included: Flashing a rom (???), replacing the headphone jack, and replacing the upper motherboard. No mention of anything camera related, but she said that most likely the rom was to fix the camera (?????).

Overall, I'm mostly happy with HTC, the speediness of their repairs are a bit worrying, because I KNOW these problems happened from them being fast, and not checking after their repair for all the hardware pieces to work. But other than taking a bit of time, it was almost 100% painless on customer service behalf.

Regarding my phone being rooted, they have not yet ONCE even mentioned a word about it having a unlocked bootloader, or that even being a issue. I don't honestly think having the bootloader unlocked is a issue to them, unless its primarily a software failure.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

damn Neon I feel bad for ya for having to be with out your Nexus and I hope you receive it back soon. and yet again, keep us posted man.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Good luck m8

dont forget to update us on the latest fix by them, It's like a soap opera

Finally got home from classes and work to my Nexus one! Halfway through the day i got a email from HTC saying it was delivered!

Its definately my Nexus, same device code and everything! After turning it on, I checked the camera, and all functions of the phone and they work perfectly. :D

Overall, HTC customer service was really easy to deal with, they did NOT say anything about the device being rooted either of the 2 times. I will take the previous errors with the repair as a mistake which does happen ^^.

I'm so glad to be a android again!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

niice happy to hear that the whole story had a happy end welcome back :D

hi every one , sorry to bring that up .

my screen is broken but i can use the phone just normal , i have one issue that if i call some one the screen will go black until the call is end after that it will open again .
    if i just insert the hand free the screen will open again .

i found screens on ebay from china and Hk ..are they original ?

i ordered many nexus ones for my friends (i am from kuwait) i notice that the screen colors is became very strange and bad (T-mobile ver).

i dont know what to do , i email HTC they give me a number ( i cant call USA its too expansive here ) i dont know where to ship my phone and where can they ship it back (i have a mail box from aramex bring every thing from us to kuwait) .

the screen working fine , maybe just the upper layer is cracked .

should i order a new screen from ebay ? is there a problem with the color too ?

help please i am sick of the screen from Feb .

Good hear that your got your Nexus One back!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Ads