Cracked Nexus screen repaired?

This is a discussion on Cracked Nexus screen repaired? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So the horrible has happened last night. Getting into a car, my hoodie got stuck in the door of the car, not thinking about it, ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cracked Nexus screen repaired?

Cracked Nexus screen repaired?

So the horrible has happened last night.

Getting into a car, my hoodie got stuck in the door of the car, not thinking about it, my LOVED nexus was also in the same pocket. It got smushed between the car and the car door.

It actually looked fine until I turned it on. The glass and the BestSkinsEver protector I had on the phone was fine. BUT the amoled display is SHATTERED. It comes up as a black screen, and I can somewhat see the lock screen fragmented.

I have seen people talk about both UrgentIphoneCare, and DrCellphone, but with mixed reviews.

I still need to speak with UrgentIphoneCare, but it seems like they charge about $150++ to have the screen fixed. This price is for the glass/digitizer, and NOT the LCD Amoled screen, so it might actually be in the $200 range.

I spoke with DrCellPhone, and they said they will have the Amoled lcd screens in on Tuesday, and it will cost 160-180 for the replacement.

My biggest issue, is the fact that BOTH companies have had really mixed reviews, some being very negative. What i worry about is if WRONG or CHEAPER screens are used. I've also seen reviews about people saying that these companies put WRONG SIZED screens in their iPhones which obviously won't work correctly, and be a waste of money....

My other option is to purchase a Squaretrade warranty for $115, and wait for 30 days for my coverage to start, then pay the $50 deductable and have them either replace OR refund the FULL price of the Nexus, and purchase a new one? This would ultimately take the longest, but would at least be sure that my phone will be fixed or replaced.

My questions is for anyone who has actually sent in their phone to either of these repair services.... How is your Nexus after it was repaired?
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

I just got off the phone with Urgent iPhone Care (iPhone Water Damage | iPad Screen Repair iPhone Repair,fix damaged iphones 3GS| fix iPhones and Nexus One | fix and repair Nexus One | brokemyiPhone) and they said that they are able to fix the LCD Amoled display for $199.

He was very acknowledgeable, and said that they carry the HTC OEM amoled display and that since its factory parts, wouldn't affect my warranty. Not sure if i believe those statements.... Since taking apart the Nexus, would require having the VOID stickers be removed, and ultimately fully remove the warranty of the Nexus.

Not sure what I should do still. UrgentIphoneCare is located very close to me, and said that they can have the Nexus repaired and sent back within 2 days which means I'd have the phone back in my hand by friday. But HTC reportedly said that they are charging $250 to have the screen replaced. It would take 2+ weeks to be fixed through HTC, BUTTT would mean that my hardware warranty would still be active since they themselves would be repairing the phone..... X______X
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    I just got off the phone with Urgent iPhone Care (iPhone Water Damage | iPad Screen Repair iPhone Repair,fix damaged iphones 3GS| fix iPhones and Nexus One | fix and repair Nexus One | brokemyiPhone) and they said that they are able to fix the LCD Amoled display for $199.

He was very acknowledgeable, and said that they carry the HTC OEM amoled display and that since its factory parts, wouldn't affect my warranty. Not sure if i believe those statements.... Since taking apart the Nexus, would require having the VOID stickers be removed, and ultimately fully remove the warranty of the Nexus.

Not sure what I should do still. UrgentIphoneCare is located very close to me, and said that they can have the Nexus repaired and sent back within 2 days which means I'd have the phone back in my hand by friday. But HTC reportedly said that they are charging $250 to have the screen replaced. It would take 2+ weeks to be fixed through HTC, BUTTT would mean that my hardware warranty would still be active since they themselves would be repairing the phone..... X______X
    For the difference of $50 and a little time, I'd want to hold on to my hardware warranty. I'm sure you have an older phone you can drop your SIM into in the mean time...

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    I absolutely DESPISE salesmen that say things they are not really sure of just to make a sale (I used to be a loan officer so I know because I used to do the same thing back in the day).

I would DEF go with the HTC warranty 100% even if it was $50 more... just hope the person repairing it doesnt open the phone up and say "Ooohhhh yeah you need 4034058104501 more things fixed as well, that'll be $530 thank you very much"

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    ...I would DEF go with the HTC warranty 100% even if it was $50 more... just hope the person repairing it doesnt open the phone up and say "Ooohhhh yeah you need 4034058104501 more things fixed as well, that'll be $530 thank you very much"
    I agree. HTC has a great rep for CS and being fair, besides they have Google at their back.

♫♪ Listen to Jazz ♪♫

Hello all!

Thanks for the suggestions.

I talked further with Urgent iPhone Care and inquired about exactly WHICH screen they are using to replace the LCDs on Nexus, and they confirmed that they are using Samsung AMS369FG03-0 which is the default LCD screen.

I know that $199 is barely less than the HTC price of $250, but I might end up going with Urgent iPhone Care. Because sadly, money AND time isn't something I have right now. 3-4 days is MUCH better than having to wait on HTC to diagnose my problem then take 2-4 weeks to return it.....

Are there ANYONE who has used Urgent iPhone Care (brokemynexus.com OR brokemyiphone.com)???
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Damn Neon, that sucks. Let us all know how it turns out when you receive it back though. Hope you get back your life very soon.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

Just call HTC and find out yourself what they charge and turn around rather than speculate. HTC is known for their customer service so check it out and at least have both prices for sure so you know.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release
    Chinese Herbal Remedies

Good luck with that man.hope you get it fixed soon. Let us know what happend when u get it...

Judging by your signature, you have rooted your Nexus One already, and if that is the case you have already voided your warranty my friend, regardless of where you get it repaired and by whom. Just an observation though

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ads