Factory reset??

This is a discussion on Factory reset?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have now had my phone for three months. Love it. But recently it has been getting slower, and when I play games it often ...

Thread: Factory reset??

Factory reset??

I have now had my phone for three months. Love it.

But recently it has been getting slower, and when I play games it often lags a bit. In addition, many apps are force closing and so on...

When I experience similar problems with my computer I usually put my mp3's on a external hard drive and re-install windows.

What would be a analogous thing with my phone? A factory reset? Soft or hard? What's the difference? And how do I do it?!

My contacts are saved automatically, right? What about my texts? Anyway I can save them? Any other stuff I should care about?

Thank you, guys! Would appreciate some help! :nexusx::nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Before going that route, have you tried a Task Killer (re: TasKiller free) to free up your memory? When your phone 'bogs down' it helps to see what is running, you begin to see a pattern, and can then identify a culprit. If you can live without the culprit, delete it.

Bumping this one... I would appreciate some more answers.

What should I do to speed-up my phone? I press "contacts" , and two seconds later(!!!) the app opens. Iphone is way faster....

I agree with alphawave, before resetting you should evaluate what's running. Seriously though, slowness is very uncharacteristic of the N1.

Look here for resetting http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-settings.html

BTW, you don't need to 'kill all', simply examine what's running, make decisions on what larger stuff to kill...you should see immediate improvement.

Re: Factory reset??

Have you tried rebooting your phone? It's definitely uncharacteristic of the NexusOne to show any slowness or lag, but sometimes a simple reboot solves those weird issues.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links