Where do I put photos?

This is a discussion on Where do I put photos? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello Newbie here. I want to get some photo's onto my phone. Where do I place the photos? I have a "Photos" folder on the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do I put photos?

Question Where do I put photos?

Hello
    Newbie here.

I want to get some photo's onto my phone.

Where do I place the photos? I have a "Photos" folder on the root directory but I placed a photo there and it doesn't show up in gallery? Do I need to synch everytime I put photos on my phone?

And secondly where are the photos stored when I add them from my computer? SD card? or Gallery?

Sorry if this sounds confusing because I am confused too.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Photos in the Photo folder/directory of your sdcard should be just fine...it may take a few minutes for Gallery to update, or the photos may be in a format unrecognised by Gallery (less likely).

Specs say:
    JPEG (encode and decode)
    GIF
    PNG
    BMP

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Photos in the Photo folder/directory should be just fine...it may take a few minutes for Gallery to update, or the photos may be in a format unrecognised by Gallery (less likely).
    I added a photo to the photo folder. I now hit "gallery" on the phone and I keep getting "there are no items in your collection"?

I can add pictures to the "camera" folder though and view them through there.

Is there something I am not doing? Do I "eject" the drive once I am done all actions?

And does the phone sync itself?

I corrected my post above...pics go to sdcard, and yes, you need to unmount USB and allow Android to refresh it's sdcard db for gallery to 'see' them.

Question

I corrected my post above...pics go to sdcard, and yes, you need to unmount USB and allow Android to refresh it's sdcard db for gallery to 'see' them.
    Mmmm to I unmount from my computer first? Then unmount from the phone?

I get this message from my phone when unmounting, "Before turning off USB storage make sure you have unmounted on the USB host. Select "turn off" to turn off the USB storage.

Sorry for the questions.

Unmount from phone...on my XP machine, it also automagically 'safely removes' the USB device from the puter. The only silly question is the one unasked.

Edit: Actually, if your puter WANTS it disconnected first, do so!

Unmount from phone...on my XP machine, it also automagically 'safely removes' the USB device from the puter. The only silly question is the one unasked.

Thanks, some people think pretty basic questions like the one I asked is "silly"

Now back to my "gallery" issue. I have tried unmounting from my Mac and then the phone. I unmounted from the phone as well first.

Same results. Nothing in gallery. I keeping getting that message, there are no items in your collection. I added to jpg files to the photo folder and unmounted.

My phone said it was preparing the sd card after unmounting.

Still nothing in gallery. *sigh*

I must be doing something wrong, but i have no idea what lol.

Quote Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post

Thanks, some people think pretty basic questions like the one I asked is "silly"

Now back to my "gallery" issue. I have tried unmounting from my Mac and then the phone. I unmounted from the phone as well first.

Same results. Nothing in gallery. I keeping getting that message, there are no items in your collection. I added to jpg files to the photo folder and unmounted.

Try again..attach N1 to Mac, use notification bar to mount to MacOS. drag/drop pics to sdcard/photos, use notification bar to unmount....is this where you get a prompt on the puter? The 'preparing sdcard' is good, an expected behaviour, but even then, depending on how many pics you pulled over, it may take a few minutes to show up in gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post

Try again..attach N1 to Mac, use notification bar to mount to MacOS. drag/drop pics to sdcard/photos, use notification bar to unmount....is this where you get a prompt on the puter? The 'preparing sdcard' is good, an expected behaviour, but even then, depending on how many pics you pulled over, it may take a few minutes to show up in gallery.
    There are no prompts on my computer. I now have followed exactly as you have stated. I added one photo to my phone.
    The notification bar says "Turn off USB storage", so I hit "Turn off" after that long message with a ! Turn off USB Storage window. Do you see this message as well when you unmount? And stlll no pictures in the gallery. Maybe there is something wrong with my phone? Or maybe I should do a restore?

Grr I did some more searching and I have found the problem!!! I have a task killer installed thus that was blocking the photos from getting into the gallery! Yay problem solved.

Thanks again for all your posts.

I went to a google forum and seems other people have been some issues with the gallery and SD card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads