think twice before getting the nexus 1

This is a discussion on think twice before getting the nexus 1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i dont know i went to the site bought the phone, 2 days later it was at my door...hasnt had any problems with it so ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: think twice before getting the nexus 1

i dont know i went to the site bought the phone, 2 days later it was at my door...hasnt had any problems with it so far. i guess our experiences vary greatly!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    i dont know i went to the site bought the phone, 2 days later it was at my door...hasnt had any problems with it so far. i guess our experiences vary greatly!

Exactly and if you calling CS with an attitude, I doubt you will get friendly CS. Not saying that's the case for this dude, but it's the truth.

But yes, not everyone is going to have the same experience and not everyone going to have the same problem or same respect for the phone.
    Androidfied.

I think he is just frustrated and trying to vent. Having to deal with 3 different companies for one device isn't fun, luckily many of us haven't had to, but for those that have to, it's a PITA i'm sure.

However, I do agree that having to pay a deposit of the price of the phone to send it in to be repaired sounds kinda messed up, it's nothing new with the N1, but still sucks.

google.com/phone -> Purchased phone.
    T-Mobile Store -> Activated account.

Not hard at all. And Bobert, you don't get the opportunity to attack people's reading comprehension when your grammar and writing skills are lower then your reader's comprehension. Learn to form proper sentences with correct grammar and capitalization, then you can insult your readers.

Quote Originally Posted by drsutphin View Post
    lower then your reader's comprehension. .
    *Than

Grammar Nazism aside, I find dealing with any carrier to be a laborious process. I think we can all, in some way, empathize to bobert :P

Quote Originally Posted by beeng View Post
    *Than

Grammar Nazism aside, I find dealing with any carrier to be a laborious process. I think we can all, in some way, empathize to bobert :P
    That's why I only commented on the buying process, not his technical issues

And yea, I am a grammar nazi as well. I am surprised I slipped up. Oh well! Stuff happens.

rje
    I've had excellent support when I needed it. The phone is as good as it gets. You can't please everybody. For all the people who love the iPhone, there are some who constantly have issues. The N1 is a great device. Google support is as good as it gets without benefit of an Apple Store arrangement. I would recommend this phone to anyone, and I have.

Here is my experience.

Went to google.com/phone
    added a Nexus One to cart and checked out to use my old Sprint number. Google sent the phone, received the NEXT DAY. Checked it in with Google who ported my number. An hour later the phone worked with its SIM.
    I don't even remember needing to call T-Mobile? It was all handled.

I post this because while some people have bad experiences only bad ones seem to make it and I think seeing some positive ones is fair.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Android Marketplace

My only gripe with the N1 is that I can't get into the paid apps of the Android Market. No one can tell me if the marketplace is Network/Carrier dependent. It seems that way though. So, for me to make the N1 the greatest phone is to be able to access the Market to BUY apps, unfortunately I can only install free apps. Most of the apps I bought has exceeded the 30day or 14 day trail period and I can seem to pay to get full access.

Oh, btw, I am not in the US. Google should start thinking about making this phone or any Android phone truly Global.

fully agree. My experience:

1)I got this device on April 10th, the very minute I powered it on, it was stuck on the initial screen and I could never log in even after hard reset
    2) I told google/HTC that I need this one to be either replaced or refund ($ 577.93)
    3) But as I am working in Asia right now, HTC HongKong asked me to cover all the courier cost back to HongKong HTC and even have to find a logitics company to collect it from HongKong back to me.
    4) They cannot even guarantee a brand new one to me even if what I have is a crap just out of the box.

My customer service number is 308524, my order number is G742433414032666, ship via FEDEX, any advice on this case?? THX

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links