think twice before getting the nexus 1

This is a discussion on think twice before getting the nexus 1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I called the support number with an issue they couldn't solve. They transferred me to HTC. HTC offered to send a new phone that day. ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: think twice before getting the nexus 1

rje
    I called the support number with an issue they couldn't solve. They transferred me to HTC. HTC offered to send a new phone that day. I told them I wanted to try to find a fix before they sent a phone. They agreed and gave me a number to call if I wanted a new phone. I fixed the problem. I have had nothing but great service from Google and HTC. I had a bad battery. They sent me a new one that I received within 24 hours.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acegreaser View Post
    My only gripe with the N1 is that I can't get into the paid apps of the Android Market. No one can tell me if the marketplace is Network/Carrier dependent. It seems that way though. So, for me to make the N1 the greatest phone is to be able to access the Market to BUY apps, unfortunately I can only install free apps. Most of the apps I bought has exceeded the 30day or 14 day trail period and I can seem to pay to get full access.

Oh, btw, I am not in the US. Google should start thinking about making this phone or any Android phone truly Global.
    Try using this site

AndroLib, Find all applications and games available in the Android Market for your Android Phone, HTC Dream, HTC Magic etc...

Download Barcode Scanner from the Market and you can use that to scan the QR Codes and it should take you the link in the market place.

See if that will work for you.
    Androidfied.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    HTCsucks

Honestly, it's not necessary for you to post your order number and fed ex number on a forum site that has no control of any orders made by customers to Google. I think we all understand the unfortunate situation but you are posting private information on a forum that in honestly will be of no use to anyone on here.

Just FYI.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    HTCsucks

Honestly, it's not necessary for you to post your order number and fed ex number on a forum site that has no control of any orders made by customers to Google. I think we all understand the unfortunate situation but you are posting private information on a forum that in honestly will be of no use to anyone on here.

Just FYI.
    unless you want to phone them yourself and use the numberto re-address it to your own place :rofl3:

I can agree that the buying experience was a nightmare. I first got a Tmobile store employee to agree to comp my $80 ETF from ATT, then I said I wanted the Nexus One. Apparently the store can only give you promotions if you activate through the store. So then I call customer service, no go. Even if I have a store manager call them, they would never issue me a credit for the ETF. After going back and forth I contact Tmobile customer relations, and they say, be a customer for 2 months and we will give you the credit! I'm excited...

Go to order the phone, bam, I get the oops screen. And it won't change. I read up about the issues former Tmobile customers are having so I start calling everyone again. After talking to customer service, HTC, Google, and the Tmobile store I finally get Tmobile to erase my social security number from my old account info. 3 hours later I have my phone.

Now I just have to go have them port my old number and give me my business discount in the store, so lets hope nothing else goes wrong.

Thumbs up

Phone is Great if you like to spend your time recharging your phone all the time, if you like missed calls sound volume is the worst I have ever had, Speakerphone is a joke $10.00 phones have better speakers. don't try and use it in day light LOL. You have to buy it to find out this phone sucks, and google will charge you $45.00 for inspecting this pc of Garbage. other wise it's great LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mbaez53 View Post
    Phone is Great if you like to spend your time recharging your phone all the time, if you like missed calls sound volume is the worst I have ever had, Speakerphone is a joke $10.00 phones have better speakers. don't try and use it in day light LOL. You have to buy it to find out this phone sucks, and google will charge you $45.00 for inspecting this pc of Garbage. other wise it's great LOL
    As for recharging your phone all the time. Every smart phone is like that get use to it. Missed calls sound volume can be tuned. Speakers is a joke though. All AMOLED phones are bad in daylight. You sound like someone who has never owned a smart phone before..
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WOW, 1 week ban due to this thread.
    Anyways.
    So they end up sending me out another Nexus AND GUESS WHAT?
    EVEN THOUGH I am within my 30 day period AND they considered my Nexus"DOA" the replacement Nexus is REFURBISHED. ...f***you very much Google!
    I am experiencing THE EXACT SAME ISSUES with this!
    1) horrible appearing screen
    I guess I should just accept that given Google fudged the numbers on its resolution.
    I for christs sakes this is Googles flagship phone and 4 months later we see better looking screens!
    Thanks. Google!
    This phone has horrible behavior when browsing the internet! !
    It sporadically jumps around and don't get me started on how bad it behaves posting ion forums this posting has errors because I can't see exactly what I am posting.
    Now lets talk about the schizophrenia of this phone when using the dock and posting text messages after removing it from the dick. I do enjoy how easily utility falls out of the Google dock. Proof that rushes and puts out crap as a consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    WOW, 1 week ban due to this thread.
    Anyways.
    So they end up sending me out another Nexus AND GUESS WHAT?
    EVEN THOUGH I am within my 30 day period AND they considered my Nexus"DOA" the replacement Nexus is REFURBISHED. ...****you very much Google!
    I am experiencing THE EXACT SAME ISSUES with this!
    1) horrible appearing screen
    I guess I should just accept that given Google fudged the numbers on its resolution.
    I for christs sakes this is Googles flagship phone and 4 months later we see better looking screens!
    Thanks. Google!
    This phone has horrible behavior when browsing the internet! !
    It sporadically jumps around and don't get me started on how bad it behaves posting ion forums this posting has errors because I can't see exactly what I am posting.
    Now lets talk about the schizophrenia of this phone when using the dock and posting text messages after removing it from the dick. I do enjoy how easily utility falls out of the Google dock. Proof that rushes and puts out crap as a consequence.
    I love how you give descriptions to help describe your problems.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOL thanks! Just saw how bad that Washington typed but as I stated I can't read what I typing aw I type on this crap phone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links