Task switcher

This is a discussion on Task switcher within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Why isn't there any task switcher in the Nexus One? The new iPhone OS 4.0 has it. Also my old phone, Nokia 5800 XM, has ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Task switcher

Thumbs up Task switcher

Why isn't there any task switcher in the Nexus One? The new iPhone OS 4.0 has it. Also my old phone, Nokia 5800 XM, has it. Almost every phone with multitasking has it. Except the Nexus One. I hate this about the phone.

And no, holding down the HOME button doesn't show running tasks, it only shows recent tasks. Even when you close an app (with a task killer lol), it shows up in the recent tasks list.

Also Google should add an "QUIT APP" option so you can close an app when you're done using it. I hate using task killer to quit an app, it's not normal.

One friend of mine was asking me how to turn off an app when done using it, I told him that it wasn't possible. He laughed at my face. Fun, huh?

GOOGLE FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY! :nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Explained in this thread:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...witch-app.html
    which you were in yesterday. Many apps indeed have a Quit function in their menu, usually apps that invoke sounds or video, or other processor intensive behaviour. Otherwise the OS handles the running apps quite well without user input.
    Thankfully, this is not iPhone OS4!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    which you were in yesterday. Many apps indeed have a Quit function in their menu, usually apps that invoke sounds or video, or other processor intensive behaviour. Otherwise the OS handles the running apps quite well without user input.
    Most task killers have switching capability, just long press on the app in the task killer.

And like alphawave said, thankfully this isn't the iphone. It took 3 years for a task switcher...which still isn't available yet, not to mention multitasking(which still isn't true multitasking), both of which I do every day on my N1.

tl;dr get ATK

Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    Most task killers have switching capability, just long press on the app in the task killer.

And like alphawave said, thankfully this isn't the iphone. It took 3 years for a task switcher...which still isn't available yet, not to mention multitasking(which still isn't true multitasking), both of which I do every day on my N1.

tl;dr get ATK
    No this is NOT the iPhone (thank god) but most of these smartphones that allow multitasking do have a task switcher. For crying out loud, my old Nokia 5800 XpressMusic had a task switcher.

A task switcher is not needed - you only think so.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    A task switcher is not needed - you only think so.

Do I really? You start an app, then you go to the home screen. So when you want to go to the app again, you have to go to Menu, search for the app among all the other applications and then click on it.

That's like walking a long way and finding some address when you can drive and use GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    So when you want to go to the app again, you have to go to Menu, search for the app among all the other applications and then click on it..
    No, you don't have to do all that. Just tap on the app again.

You're just accustomed to using another phone w/ another set-up. You'll adapt to the N1 quickly. It's much simpler than you think.

If you want to drag short-cuts to the Home screen, that's another option - but you definitely don't need a task switcher.

So when you want to go to the app again, you have to go to Menu, search for the app among all the other applications and then click on it..

You're just accustomed to using another phone w/ another set-up. You'll adapt to the N1 quickly. It's much simpler than you think.

If you want to drag short-cuts to the Home screen, that's another option - but you definitely don't need a task switcher.

Indeed that what I've grown accustomed to doing...I use my desktops by category, and all the most-used widgets/shortcuts placed accordingly...it is, in effect, a task switcher.

Indeed that what I've grown accustomed to doing...I use my desktops by category, and all the most-used widgets/shortcuts placed accordingly...it is, in effect, a task switcher.
    Not getting used to so many homescreens.

Not getting used to so many homescreens.
    I came from a G1 with 3...so I already had a set pattern for all my most-used widgets/shortcuts...adding 2 more screens was disrupting at first! LOL I still have a whole screen available, and it's driving me crazy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links