~~~~HTC the worst company in the world! DONT' BUY!~~~~

This is a discussion on ~~~~HTC the worst company in the world! DONT' BUY!~~~~ within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; HTC, from product to after-sales service, this is my personal story: I thought N1 could be a good gift to my wife for our anniversary. ...

Thread: ~~~~HTC the worst company in the world! DONT' BUY!~~~~

~~~~HTC the worst company in the world! DONT' BUY!~~~~

HTC, from product to after-sales service, this is my personal story:

I thought N1 could be a good gift to my wife for our anniversary. As I was reallocated to Asia for work, I ordered one Nexus One from google.com to my family in Mountain View in March and my family brought to me during a visit last weekend.

I was so excited to open the box in front of my wife. She was surprised as I didn't tell her before. She has sacrificed a lot to move to Asia with me and I hope this new phone can make her feel better. I turned the device on and tried to show the fantastic screen to her. But it was stuck at the original screen, 3 funny robots. I felt my heart beat getting fast...after several mins, I decided to charge it. After fully recharge, the green light on, I turned it on, 3 funny robots again and again. I get panicked.

I approached US HTC and google, they asked me to hard reset. I followed their advice couple of times, but still only 3 robots on the screen.

My wife went to bed without me and I promised her I will show this beauty to her and teach her how to use it in the next morning. But I failed.

HTC US asked me to contact HongKong HTC as they are closer. So did I on the following day. But guess what I got?

HongKong HTC (852 3520 1234) told me since it passed 15 days from the day it delivered to my US address, even though I just opened the box, they cannot mail a brand new one to me. I begged them to use my credit card on hold, coz I really need a new one to my wife asap. But they refused me.

They asked me to mail this crap to HongKong first. And even after repair if successful, I have to find a courier to collect it from HongKong. The courier cost is not cheap, not to mention the time and energy I have to spend on this case.

I know HTC products have lots of bugs, but this time is exceptional. I purchased a Treo Pro (also manufactured by HTC) before, Sept 2008, on the first day Palm announced on its web. And my first 2 weeks experience was, the Treo Pro developed many cracks around the power and volume button. I actually protected it with extra cover and never imagined this could happen. Fortunately, I was not the only one, many users got the same issue during that time and complained on web forum. So Palm mailed a brand new one to me before I shipped the old one back. They offered me a DHL account number and bear all the extra expense. Later they acknowledge it's HTC problem.

Anyway, this time is amazing. I was panicked, confused, disappointed, sad and angry within 2 days.

The company allow such crap sent to customer, don't trust customer's experience and have no sympathy at all. This is my last time to deal with HTC. I don't how many companies will continue to outsource to HTC, but to me, it's the end of story!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry to hear your bad experience
    My sigs keep getting

mah
    Your experience sucks and I'm compassionate to the frustrations you must be feeling. However, you're making a broad claim about a company based on your experience, and perhaps a few dozen or less others that people have posted. There's been plenty of good experiences too -- but people with good experiences rarely feel the need to post.

I see no objective reason to think HTC is a bad company to do business with. I hope the problems you're having get worked out soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Your experience sucks and I'm compassionate to the frustrations you must be feeling. However, you're making a broad claim about a company based on your experience, and perhaps a few dozen or less others that people have posted. There's been plenty of good experiences too -- but people with good experiences rarely feel the need to post.

I see no objective reason to think HTC is a bad company to do business with. I hope the problems you're having get worked out soon though.

thx for your comments. I admit I am a bit emotional right now. I have good reasons to be emotional. However, as I said, based on my experience with Treo Pro and this time Nexus One, I'm confident that HTC has serious issues with QC. I told HTC HongKong, I wouldn't be so emotional if my wife has used the device for couple of months or even weeks. But this time, it's even worse than 2008. Not to mention the way they "help" me on this case.

I said early today to HongKong HTC, I maybe just a single customer on this planet that you don't have to care too much. But with internet and all sorta of media, channels, I can share my personal story with other friends who may have a second thought before purchasing from you. And I maybe a single user to HTC, but what about if I can influence a Fortune 500 company's IT division on contract with HTC or relevant parties? Think!

It's ok, I accept the fact. I was stupid twice before, but HTC eventually will pay for it.

I need a replacement or refund!

The moderator closed my previous complaint post, for whatever reason, thank you! But you better can block the whole internet for every complaint about HTC!

I repeat my story:

1) I got this device N1 on April 10th, the very minute I powered it on, it was stuck on the initial screen and I could never log in even after hard reset
    2) My customer service number is 308524, my order number is G742433414032666, ship via FEDEX
    3) I need this one to be either replaced or refund ($ 577.93)
    4) I cannot accept that I personally have to cover all the courier cost back to HongKong HTC and even have to find a logitics company to collect it from HongKong back to me. This is NOT fair!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links