Totally love this phone :)

This is a discussion on Totally love this phone :) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am really digging this Nexus-One, I have it rooted with the C_mod, and Sense-UI, and it looks awesome, everyone I show it too loves ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally love this phone :)

Totally love this phone :)

I am really digging this Nexus-One, I have it rooted with the C_mod, and Sense-UI, and it looks awesome, everyone I show it too loves the weather effects and clock from the Sense. And live wallpapers always impress, even me still

Previous smart phones before this were Black Berry 9700 Bold, and iPhone3G. This N-One blows them both out of the water, no comparison. Actually compared to my iPhone3G, this feels light years ahead.

Only two complaints after having it one month now. The bottom hard key buttons being off, where you have to tap above them is frustrating, and surprising that Google did not catch that before it went into production. And the battery life totally sucks, you better have a wall charger in your office and car charger, if you use for sales calls all day.

Overall I really enjoy this phone very much. Only other phone that interests me a bit more than this, is the Sprint EVO 4G, and that is mainly because of the WiMax 4G network. A smart phone on WiMax is the way they are designed to run in my opinion. 3G is just too slow sometimes.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the Dark Side, Darth Va..., er Dingo :D
    My sigs keep getting

Admin
    Can you even welcome Darth to the dark side? He's always been there!

But, welcome to the site!

Awesome, I love this phone as well. Its so nice to see someone actually happy, and not complaining!

+1 on the loving this phone. No gadget has ever done so much for so many by so few with so little (I totally screwed up that quote but I don't care). It's surpassed it's expected usefulness in so many ways.

Sure the battery life can be bad, but that's only if you're using it a lot and because it can do so much, you want to use it a lot. A spare battery takes care of that though. Dock at home, car power cable in the car, and a spare battery for any other occasion - problem solved.

Although I've posted half a dozen questions on here, they're really only streamlining questions to make some things easier to do. My only real issue has been that wifi disconnects itself when the phone is screen-sleeping. That makes the point of having IM apps totally worthless. Nobody's going to be IM'ing you if your IM app has it's connection stolen away from it. I'm testing an app that keeps it alive now though and it looks good so far

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

Well, it depends on who you actually consider to be Darth. For the namesake, yes, Darth is and always will be dark. But if you consider the person behind the helmet he's actually Anakin, who once was good. Moral of the story, don't fight Obi on a volcanic river. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by 1.21 Jiggawatts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

Well, it depends on who you actually consider to be Darth. For the namesake, yes, Darth is and always will be dark. But if you consider the person behind the helmet he's actually Anakin, who once was good. Moral of the story, don't fight Obi on a volcanic river. :nexusx:
    Nice. Or behind the mask is a Dingo dog, take off Darth's mask and you will hear Growl ruf ruf

The name comes from my dog, I adopted an American Dingo back in 2002, he is a very good dog, even though wild by trait. Looks like a cross between a Wolf and Coyote, with the fur of a Red Fox. If you befriend him, he is a baby and teddy bear, if you don't know him, well I would not suggest giving him a kiss.

And I have always liked the Sith, not the gay boy Jedi club. ( not there's anything wrong with that )

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    +1 on the loving this phone. No gadget has ever done so much for so many by so few with so little (I totally screwed up that quote but I don't care). It's surpassed it's expected usefulness in so many ways.

Sure the battery life can be bad, but that's only if you're using it a lot and because it can do so much, you want to use it a lot. A spare battery takes care of that though. Dock at home, car power cable in the car, and a spare battery for any other occasion - problem solved.

Although I've posted half a dozen questions on here, they're really only streamlining questions to make some things easier to do. My only real issue has been that wifi disconnects itself when the phone is screen-sleeping. That makes the point of having IM apps totally worthless. Nobody's going to be IM'ing you if your IM app has it's connection stolen away from it. I'm testing an app that keeps it alive now though and it looks good so far
    have you tried:
    settings -- wireless and networks -- wi-fi-settings -- advanced (settings-button) -- wi-fi sleep policy

What IM app are you using??

i agree i love my n1 it has its issues like the whole non responsive touch buttons but its whatever, i like being able to leave my music playing while sending texts then opening the browser etc all at the same time hehe cant wait for dell mini 5!

I love the multitasking this phone offers over the iPhone. I was listening to the Blackhawks game the other night on the WGN Radio app, then pulled up another app to see current Hockey standings, and the radio stayed on playing live in the background while I did all that, and I also text my Brother at same time. To me that was pretty impressive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links