my experience of n1 so far

This is a discussion on my experience of n1 so far within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i've read all the horror stories on here about the n1 so thought i'd give my tuppence worth. 1.the phone itself is superb very easy ...

Thread: my experience of n1 so far

my experience of n1 so far

i've read all the horror stories on here about the n1 so thought i'd give my tuppence worth.
    1.the phone itself is superb very easy to use
    2.the screen is very good even in sunshine as you just turn up the brightness and it is very responsive to my touch,no lagging no double tapping to get it to do what i want.
    3.the music player is fairly decent and the sound is good through the headphones but not so good played through the speaker itself,although i dont see why you would need to play it through the speakers unless your 14 sitting on the bus annoying people lol
    4.the apps have all worked fine for me apart from one of the task killers kept popping up on screen asking me to kill everything lol so i just got rid of it as you don't really need it as i find pressing the back button a couple of times does the trick.
    5.and now my only gripe-the battery,poor and only lasts 1 day,yes i know its a smartphone and uses a lot of power but they have better batteries for sale so i don't see how after paying 470(about $900)i cant have the best battery that they have,but in saying that i'm on my laptop most days so just usb charge the thing,i only worry when i will go on holiday it wont last to long as i will be using wifi a lot,and no i don't want the big 3200 sticking out my slimline phone lol.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    so all in all i'm very happy with my nexus one albeit with poor battery but just thought i'd stick up for it a little bit as it seems to be getting slated a lot,cheers tony

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Glad it's so far so good. I'm getting one today and I'm also concerned of all the Horror stories.

The battery gripe I can understand, but coming from a Iphone 3GS....shouldn't be much different so I'm ok with it.

How long have you had the phone for? Usually I find battery improves after a week or two of use.

just over a month,i've found when you put it into fastboot mode and let it power down to squeeze the last of the juice out of it then charge it up with power off i can nearly get 2 days out of it,i just forget to do it as ive usually plugged it into laptop lol

Very nice review, and a pleasant read. I, too, am very pleased with my Nexus. Most days I make it through with the battery, but I always carry the very reasonably priced Google extra battery with me just in case. I love being able to swap a battery if I'm not near a charger, and I also prefer to keep the slim design of my phone.

Very good review, Im glad your enjoying your Nexus 1,
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.twitter.com/dchandler326

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I haven't had any major problems with mines. Drop call here and there maybe, and a couple of force closes, but nothing pass the point of annoying. I don't use Task Killer but Task Manager by Wing Tseng and never had any issues with it. I recently deleted it but added it back to my app list to see if it dumbs down my system, but I see nothing but stability from it. I haven't enjoyed a nice phone since my Nokia e71 I bought two years ago. I miss that still as I sold it off. I have a faily weak reception at work for 3g becuase of the location and that sucks as I like to listen to Pandora. But I just jump on the company's wifi so no biggie. The 3g works on and off throughout the day.

Battery hasn't been a major issue at all for me. Most time is because I keep it plugged but when I know I'm on the go, I use the Power Mgmt widget to quickly adjust the conservation of the battery. BAM! No issues.

I love the fact that I just found out the Snapdragon has a standalone GPS systems and you can download apps that have preloaded maps so if you ever lose connection the GPS will still work. I verified this myself as I took the SIM card out and turned off wifi and walked down the street and the GPS still worked. SWEET.

Yep, I love my N1. I thinking about leaving my girl to spend all day with it.
    Androidfied.

Hi Tonybhoy. I have to agree with your points 1 through to 5 above. I am very impressed with the phone. I have GPS turned off and the battery lasts about 34 hours. I am disappointed so far with the camera. I have found that it can take excellent quality pics outdoors one day, and then awful over exposed ones that are fuzzy the next. I haven't played extensively with the settings yet though, but the camera is not as good as on my Nokia N95. The 3D gallery is superior though.

Love my N1

It's good to hear that most people are having great experiences with their N1's. I also am very happy with mine as well. I only have one issue, any advice how to fix would be greatly apprieciated. Once every couple of days when i touch anywhere on the screen, the phone registers a touch on either the back button or the menu button. I have tried to recognize a pattern but it seems to be random. I've tried uninstalling newer apps and nothing I do seems to help, I have also cleared caches and uninstalled larger apps to give myself more available memory. Can anyone explain this? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links