Nexus One Tech Question

This is a discussion on Nexus One Tech Question within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I love my Nexus One and it's the best phone I've ever owned. I bought it off of Craigslist. I am having one issue with ...

Thread: Nexus One Tech Question

Nexus One Tech Question

I love my Nexus One and it's the best phone I've ever owned.

I bought it off of Craigslist.

I am having one issue with it that's frustrating though and I'd love your opinion of what to do.

Any time I try to transfer media to the SD card, the phone will reboot. I have some success when transferring smaller files, such as MP3s, but transferring any video file is a no-go as the phone immediately reboots around mid-transfer.

I've tried it with a 2gig card and a 16gig card, same result. I've formatted the cards in the phone - same result. I've tried different PCs, same result. I've tried on XP and Win7 - same result.

The phone has rebooted on its own a few times when doing other things - but when it comes to transferring media, I can make it reboot time and time again.

Any advice?

If I have a bum phone, am I up a creek in terms of sending it back or getting another?

I've already updated all the owner information with HTC - I called them to get a new skin.

What are my options? Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Have you tried a master reset of the phone to see if it might help?
    Androidfied.

When I originally bought the phone I brought it home and did a master reset. I am happy to try it again. Will the Android Market remember what apps I downloaded and, more importantly, paid for?

Quote Originally Posted by longcipher View Post
    When I originally bought the phone I brought it home and did a master reset. I am happy to try it again. Will the Android Market remember what apps I downloaded and, more importantly, paid for?
    Paid apps are stored on your Gmail account and there was a thread where a person did a master reset and all his free apps were DL automatically to his phone, but it was the first I heard of it. As far as I know you have to manually DL them unless there were changes to the market. So I'm not sure on the free but you're good for the storage of your paid apps.
    Androidfied.

Thanks - I'll try it tonight.

I have a question if anyone could help me i woul appreciate it. I jsu bought the nexus one and the swype application does not seem to work. My questions is the following; Is it bad for the phone to do a master reset to bring all settings back to factory settings.

If swype doesn't work, try ShapeWriter. Basically the same thing with some different features here and there. I would like to try Swype but the APK that I found didn't work for my N1.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by kpollo View Post
    I have a question if anyone could help me i woul appreciate it. I jsu bought the nexus one and the swype application does not seem to work. My questions is the following; Is it bad for the phone to do a master reset to bring all settings back to factory settings.
    And just to add on...

Doing a factory / master reset does not do any harm the Nexus.

How do you do a master reset?
    Any way to save sms?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    How do you do a master reset?
    Any way to save sms?
    1) Menu > settings > privacy > factory data reset

2) I'm not sure if there's an market app that you can use, however I'm sure someone will clarify!!

Edit: A market app called 'SMS Backup & Restore' will do what you need.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links