Is an update near? Hmmm...

This is a discussion on Is an update near? Hmmm... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Looks like the myth has been debunked: Update incoming? - xda-developers Guess it's bogus, guys. Sorry for setting off the alarm... Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Is an update near? Hmmm...

  1. #21
    Senior Member kc.rkitek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    291
    Looks like the myth has been debunked:
    Update incoming? - xda-developers
    Guess it's bogus, guys. Sorry for setting off the alarm...

    Quote Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil View Post
    You can never believe the french :P Just kidding.

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Android Lurker dudedidtheplan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    0
    Well that sucks! I was really hoping there would be an update that includes unleashing the spare memory. Oh well, guess I'll just have to root this puppy!

  3. #23
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    I think what people got to remember is that is Google's first phone running on 2.1 (if I'm not mistaken) let alone their baby. So there's gonna be things that Google will find to fix and update as time goes by. Just be glad we are not like some of the others phone being release this year with 1.5 or 1.6 version. I'm sure Google is out browsing around forums looking for fixs and ideas from the community. That what makes this OS so great! We are also at an advantage that because this is Google's phone that updates will come to this much faster than others seeing how they will have to rely on MFR's and Cell Companies approving the updates.
    Androidfied.

  4. #24
    Senior Member android8282's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    110

    Smile

    you are absoutly right...wht ppl may not understand or see is tht this is a GOOGLE product. meaning their baby, number one etc. i highly doubt that google will go about not making any changes with bugs and fixes. and alot faster than with a company because they dont habe to answer to anyone. and for the icing on the cake. google is the songle most successfull growing company in history! that right there says it all, and im using their phone? heck yea n very proud too ! and not for nothing could care less about new phones coming out incredible evo etc.. this phone is it ....a 100% google monster of a phone that if not capable of certain things now. u can bet your socks that google will force and push it to be updated. theres nooooo way they r gunna let there baby get outdated ... so u all should just sit back and enjoy the ride, because like i said u have a google phone....

  5. #25
    Member djstaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by android8282 View Post
    you are absoutly right...wht ppl may not understand or see is tht this is a GOOGLE product. meaning their baby, number one etc. i highly doubt that google will go about not making any changes with bugs and fixes. and alot faster than with a company because they dont habe to answer to anyone. and for the icing on the cake. google is the songle most successfull growing company in history! that right there says it all, and im using their phone? heck yea n very proud too ! and not for nothing could care less about new phones coming out incredible evo etc.. this phone is it ....a 100% google monster of a phone that if not capable of certain things now. u can bet your socks that google will force and push it to be updated. theres nooooo way they r gunna let there baby get outdated ... so u all should just sit back and enjoy the ride, because like i said u have a google phone....
    I can see your point, but if they were so gung ho about this phone then why was it only internet buzz for advertising? I do like the fact that it is kinda a cult phone though... I have had a few people say, "That is a cool phone, what is it?". I just hope that they don't just drop this phone and run with a newer one. Seems like that happens a lot in the tech/gadget industry.

  6. #26
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djstaid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by android8282 View Post
    you are absoutly right...wht ppl may not understand or see is tht this is a GOOGLE product. meaning their baby, number one etc. i highly doubt that google will go about not making any changes with bugs and fixes. and alot faster than with a company because they dont habe to answer to anyone. and for the icing on the cake. google is the songle most successfull growing company in history! that right there says it all, and im using their phone? heck yea n very proud too ! and not for nothing could care less about new phones coming out incredible evo etc.. this phone is it ....a 100% google monster of a phone that if not capable of certain things now. u can bet your socks that google will force and push it to be updated. theres nooooo way they r gunna let there baby get outdated ... so u all should just sit back and enjoy the ride, because like i said u have a google phone....
    I can see your point, but if they were so gung ho about this phone then why was it only internet buzz for advertising? I do like the fact that it is kinda a cult phone though... I have had a few people say, "That is a cool phone, what is it?". I just hope that they don't just drop this phone and run with a newer one. Seems like that happens a lot in the tech/gadget industry.
    If this phone is spreading to other companies, it's far from a cult phone. A real cult phone are Nokias (x6 n900, n97 and n98 coming soon *DOH*). Hand down they make some of the best phones, but even with them Symbian OS is buggy. Apps are buggy, anything that has to do with software is going to be buggy, iPhone is past buggy . You can't expect them to keep pushing out OTA's ever week when some little thing is brought. We on the outside looking in, on the inside it cost time and money for them to update their OS. I think that is one of the great things about the Android community. It helps Google find trials and errors and make fixes. They already had one update on the 2.1 and it's only been out for like what 3-4 months now?

    Give it time. And yes, Google will have other phones come out. There's already rumors of a Nexus 2 possibly Motorola being the developer for it which could be the Motorola Shadow. But that doesn't mean they are going to leave this phone in the dust. Google is trying to offer a line of Google phones to consumers.
    Androidfied.

  7. #27
    Member bozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I'm sure Google is out browsing around forums looking for fixs and ideas from the community.
    I sure hope they aren't.

  8. #28
    Member bozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by tjp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil View Post
    I'll definitely be a happy man if they enabled the FM trasmitter. I read that the N1 has a built in FM receiver and transmitter which makes it perfect for wirelessly streaming your songs to your car's stereo.

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    But this theory of an FM radio seems unrealistic. I know the Desire has one. But if the N1 had one and was for some reason never turned on, the numerous alternate ROMS people are rooting with - surly would have turned this feature on. That fact that none do has to mean no radio exists on the N1.
    There is a big difference between a FM transmitter and a FM receiver, btw.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum