HTML5 and what does this mean for the Android?

This is a discussion on HTML5 and what does this mean for the Android? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I noticed this link YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. And so I checked it out and went to the desktop version of the youtube.com using ...

Thread: HTML5 and what does this mean for the Android?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar

HTML5 and what does this mean for the Android?

So I noticed this link

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

And so I checked it out and went to the desktop version of the youtube.com using the beta 5 link above. Behold the video player shows (hmmmm). Bad thing is it says that it doesn't support the video and I'm assuming it's because the stock browser on N1 doesn't support h.264 video codec. So we would need chrome to see the video.

Definitely something to look forward to though I would hope. Until then I will continue to wait for Flash.
    Androidfied.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That HTML5 Beta is crap

Just tried it in Chrome, and the volume control/resolution changer don't work, as soon as you move the cursor to try and change them they disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    That HTML5 Beta is crap

Just tried it in Chrome, and the volume control/resolution changer don't work, as soon as you move the cursor to try and change them they disappear.
    Does the same to me, its a bit faster than the flash player. But the controls don't work.

You can't judge something that is that new. It's still in the works. It won't replace flash anytime soon. By the time it does replace flash its time to drop my Nexus One..
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links