Typing

This is a discussion on Typing within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; @ AndroidIsTheTruth: where did you get the ShapeWriter for the Nexus One? I tried the beta for HTC Hero and Eris but as expected the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Typing

@ AndroidIsTheTruth: where did you get the ShapeWriter for the Nexus One? I tried the beta for HTC Hero and Eris but as expected the resolution didn't work out at all (I could only see half the keyboard). Can't find any other program in the market, except for the language packages...

I'm using SlideIt, but I don't like the look of the keyboard at all (is it possible to change that?), plus I can't figure out how to install the language packs. I write most of my texts in English but a few in German. So I installed the German language pack and added it as my second language but it's still only english - or do I have to change the main language of the keyboard every time (but for that I wouldn't need the language pack)?

Does anyone know what the difference between the free and the trial version of slideIt is? Is the free version expiring at some point or are there more features in the full version?

Thanks!

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneli View Post
    @ AndroidIsTheTruth: where did you get the ShapeWriter for the Nexus One? I tried the beta for HTC Hero and Eris but as expected the resolution didn't work out at all (I could only see half the keyboard). Can't find any other program in the market, except for the language packages...

I'm using SlideIt, but I don't like the look of the keyboard at all (is it possible to change that?), plus I can't figure out how to install the language packs. I write most of my texts in English but a few in German. So I installed the German language pack and added it as my second language but it's still only english - or do I have to change the main language of the keyboard every time (but for that I wouldn't need the language pack)?

Does anyone know what the difference between the free and the trial version of slideIt is? Is the free version expiring at some point or are there more features in the full version?

Thanks!
    I got it off the market.
    Androidfied.

that's odd...even if i type in 'ShapeWriter Keyboard' i can't find it. If I search for 'ShapeWriter' I get 7 results which are 6 language packages and the beta for the Hero and Eris. Is it possible that it's just off the market for a few days? I searched the net but didn't find any other way to get it - is there one?

i could download the apk file for an older version (3.0.3) from some russian forum and install it from my sd card....but there gotta be a way to get the current version?

that's odd...even if i type in 'ShapeWriter Keyboard' i can't find it. If I search for 'ShapeWriter' I get 7 results which are 6 language packages and the beta for the Hero and Eris. Is it possible that it's just off the market for a few days? I searched the net but didn't find any other way to get it - is there one?

ShapeWriter Keyboard vShapeWriter 3.0.6 Application for Android | Tools

It must had been taken off cause the QR Code said it can't be found. Hmmm. Weird. Might be because of the Market. But I have and was able to leave a comment. Weird. Maybe the market took it off? or they did.
    Androidfied.

swype is awesome, unless you are trying to enter numbersand text together, when it falls down a bit. I usually end up using the native keypad if I am entering addresses or numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by mythamp View Post
    Do you need to be rooted to use this?
    Androidfied.

I installed the htc keyboard before and I did kind of like it but then I disabled it at some point and I was never able to enable it again. Not even after reinstallation.
    Swype is supposed to be better than Shapewriter and SlideIt but you can't get it anywhere right now (as far as I know), the beta is closed

@ AndroidIsTheTruth - I don't really know what rooted means (jailbroken?) but I bought the AT&T version directly from google, didn't do anything with it and could easily install the htc keyboard

I installed the htc keyboard before and I did kind of like it but then I disabled it at some point and I was never able to enable it again. Not even after reinstallation.
    I take that back, I just installed the newest version 'mythamp' was talking about and it works quite well - especially switching between languages. It's completely different from ShapeWriter though: it's the standard way of typing each letter but you can choose between 3 keyboard types: Qwerty (which looks better than the standard keyboard), phone keypad (where you can use standard T9) or a compact Qwerty (2 letters on one button).
    Not sure which I like best yet, they're both nice...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links