Swype Keyboard

This is a discussion on Swype Keyboard within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I managed to find this on the web, however upon installing it, it says this app has the ability to monitor what I type ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swype Keyboard

Swype Keyboard

So I managed to find this on the web, however upon installing it, it says this app has the ability to monitor what I type and collect passwords and such?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

and.........

So is that normal to see a warning like that? Sorry, new to the N1. Obviously don't want all my typed data send somewhere.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    All it's stating is that the username and password could be saved if you add it in the dictionary listing. All the keyboard from what I can tell gives that notice. I use ShapeWriter and it does the same as well.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    All it's stating is that the username and password could be saved if you add it in the dictionary listing. All the keyboard from what I can tell gives that notice. I use ShapeWriter and it does the same as well.
    I somehow read it differently. I believe it's worded different from other similar warnings. I still uninstalled swype. Just not sure what all the excitement is about it. It was a total pain in the butt for me.

Swype is Awesome I'm getting faster with it every day. Ive had 0 problems
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I wish I could figure out what I'm doing with wrong with the link given to download cause all I get is a pop up saying the trial has expired. I can pull it it up and type manual but when doing swipe it won't input.

Oh well, not that big a deal. I'm enjoying ShapeWriter and can write so quick with it. Same principles different features here and there. 0 Complaints as well.

I just use my stock keyboard to use the speech to text feature on that. I wish they would implement a S2T button on these other keyboard to accommodate. But once again no biggy.
    Androidfied.

I got the same error saying the trial expired and it won't let me type anymore. Uninstalled and went back to Smartkeyboard. I think I'll try the Shapewriter keyboard.

I'm quite fond of the ShapeWriter and adapted pretty quick to it. Seems about 98% accurate and very good at doing double letter words. I fear I won't like swype as thus has easily grown on me now. Plus it's free and available in the market now.
    Androidfied.

Does Shapewriter have a mic button? I'm happy with Swype but wish it had the mic button for voice-to-text.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links