How to deal with a slow Nexus?

This is a discussion on How to deal with a slow Nexus? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; OK, I've been posting some of this earlier in various forums, but haven't seem to get a real answer to my problems yet. Therefore I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with a slow Nexus?

How to deal with a slow Nexus?

OK, I've been posting some of this earlier in various forums, but haven't seem to get a real answer to my problems yet. Therefore I reformulating and retrying!

Just to be sure: I LOVE MY N1.

But from time to time it lags and is slow. Right now, if I press the gallery app, the screen goes black for two seconds before the gallery shows. Sometimes, the home screen transitions are REALLY slow. It isn't always like this -- it comes and goes, I would say.

So my question are:

1. Does anyone of you experience similar problems?
    2. Is there an app that can help me find out what's causing this? A CPU monitor perhaps..
    3. Should I do a factory reset?

Thank you for any comments/suggestions!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

hey, sorry to hear man....but i think we're in the same boat. i actually had a brand new nexus one that i bought from google...lost it unfortunatly...and went thru assurion insurance...and now that i have this im guessing refurbushed phone. ive noticed quite a bit of lag from time to time. slower to get to tje home screen and the gallery dosent always seem to be on point. and it sux...i mean we pay so much money for this phone. should be perfect!!

nothing is perfect......

if u want to use all the potential.... root and flash a rom... :P

im fkng loving my rooted CM Nexus one... even when i cant use 3G properly (Carrier problems)

Try using 'advanced task killer' and see if the problem persists if you kill untrusted apps. Also did the problem start recently for you? If so install your most recently installed apps 1 by 1 to try and map out which one is causing probz. Traffic cam viewer was giving me problems and all was well when i uninstalled it.

first thing is check under settings to see what is eating up your battery. This may give you a clue on to what may also be hogging up your cpu/memory.

second, get a task killer (an automatic one is better). This will allow you to have a widget that will monitor your memory and show it to you on the widget. Simply press the widget and it will kill everything and increase your memory.
    An automatic one will kill whatever you set into automatically kill everytime the screen times out. You will also be able to ignore apps so they don't kill when pressed, etc....
    You will notice when you have one of these that LOTS of apps get going and get you running under 20m pretty easy. Settings, GV, Voice, Messenging, like every app starts up and stays running in the background killing your memory.

If none of this works, back up and do a factory reset and see if that helps
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    2. Is there an app that can help me find out what's causing this? A CPU monitor perhaps..
    3. Should I do a factory reset?
    Spare Parts can help you find what is using the CPU.

Doing a factory reset will only help if you don't enable all of the "always running apps" that you have enabled now.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by android8282 View Post
    ...and went thru assurion insurance...and now that i have this im guessing refurbushed phone.
    What evidence do you have that you received a refurb? When I hot swapped my T-Mobile Nexus One, the lady at HTC said they were still sending new units out. Not sure if that's true or not. I couldn't find anything on the phone that made it look refurb'ed.

They must not have had time to get a stock of broken systems back through the factory.

Of course, I have no clue where assurion get's their phones. Maybe HTC sends the refurbs to assurion before they put them in the HTC hot swap stock.
    :nexusx:

By the way, the lady at HTC was very nice.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Mine is more of a stuttering than slowness. What happens is when I open any apps, it really pops up quickly and smooth; but sometimes when I close it, I can see a stutter(not smooth at all) as oppose to opening. I already reset it to factory default, it seems to have cured it for the mean time. I have yet to see if it goes back to that routine again. By the way, I'm rooted and have lots of free RAM according to the system monitor. I hate to compare it to iphone, but when you launch an apps in(iphone/itouch), it's so smooth and effortless. Why can't it be on the N1?! I don't even have many apps installed cause I'm worried it'll bug down the performance. But thinking this phone has lots of speed in terms of cpu, I still don't understand the stuttering part. I'm sure the rest of you notice it or just in denial. lol

i know because i called htc and tried to have them send me a new phone because asurion didnt. when i called they started the whole procedure about serial numbers etc. anywa, got to my replacement phone, they asked me for the sericl number and they did a check on its history for me at htc, and CONFIRMED that i was NOT the first owner of the phone. thats how i knpw, if you have a replacement phone and believe that it is not new, u can always call htc and tell them that ur phone seems second hand, and have them check the serial numbers history. anyway, i called assurion today complaning and they are sending me a new one tommorrow., and i asked again if it will be brand ew , and he insists that it will. so i shal wait and see, will keep posted.

I hate it when my phone does this, but it is usually too many apps running, or just time to clear the cache, turn it off or do a soft reboot. What really sux is when I'm trying to impress somebody with my phone when it happens. Yesterday a guy was telling me how great his Hero was and asked me what I had. I showed him my N1 and was bragging on it. Then it started doing the same thing. *** me off, cuz he thinks his hero is better....little does he know. lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links