Poll: Are you rooted??

This is a discussion on Poll: Are you rooted?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; ROMs are usually ahead of google with the updates & if an update for google comes their incorperated into the ROMs so its no worries ...

View Poll Results: Pls answer EVO tethering Qs....

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • WiFi is best method of tethering an EVO.

1 11.11%
  • Bluetooth is best method of tethering an EVO.

1 11.11%
  • USB is best method of tethering an EVO.

7 77.78%
  • It is best to Root EVO for tethering.

2 22.22%
  • It is NOT best to Root EVO for tethering.

0 0%
  • Any other issue(s)/concern(s) to address first?

0 0%
  • Have any words of wisdom on this subject? Please post here.

0 0%
  • Other comments on tethering the EVO.

0 0%
  • Other Observations on tethering the EVO.

0 0%
  • Have any good, bad or horror tethering EVO stories? Please post here.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Are you rooted??

ROMs are usually ahead of google with the updates & if an update for google comes their incorperated into the ROMs so its no worries from that point of view.

As Zindol said, I have used all the arguments myself as well why not to root. Too scared, too much work, not worth it, no longer warrantied, blahblah. I never even jailbreaked my iPod, frightened I would damage it. I'm not even sure what convinced me to root my N1 in the end, I guess it was Neon and Thomas and a few others' enthusiasm that did it. But, now that I did, I will never look back. CyanogenMod is so much faster, stable and versatile, and they release all updates long before stock releases them plus countless other goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil View Post
    I am sure Google's official future updates will make it better than any ROMs out there....hopefully
    Is not going to happen, customs ROMs will always be better just because they are always ahead of stock, at least CM will be :D And you know what? I think Google actually wants it that way, they are not control freaks like Apple. I think they actively encourage modding, and as many others already said, the Nexus One seems as if it was made for rooting.

However, if some of you do decide to root in a year or so, you'll have one benefit we converts don't have anymore: the exciting experience of a phone that feels brand new again. We are spoiled rotten already :D
    My sigs keep getting

im rooted and loving it.....

coming from a slow blackberry pearl to this lightning fast superphone... i though i said it before, im in love with this phone :PPP

i want to see what new stuff blackdroid will bring to our phones :P ive heard a lot of great things about his ROM

I finally did it today, I'm rooted now.

I flashed Cyanogen and looking for apps now
    everything looks fine so far.

Congrats :D
    My sigs keep getting

I'm newly rooted. It reminds me when I had WM and was cracking it to all hell. LOVE IT.

The main difference is the speed. I am still surprised how much faster this is.
    Rooted Nexus One

I've got a couple questions.

Once rooted, do I still have access to all the paid apps I'd already purchased on my stock N1?

Is it possible to back up my current stock setup similar to doing a ghost image of my HDD on my PC? What I mean is making a copy onto my SD card (or wherever) of my current stock N1 with apps, settings, SMS, contacts, etc... that can be reverted to in the event I don't like the ROMs. I'm aware that the bootloader will remain unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by OctoPI View Post
    I've got a couple questions.

Once rooted, do I still have access to all the paid apps I'd already purchased on my stock N1?

Is it possible to back up my current stock setup similar to doing a ghost image of my HDD on my PC? What I mean is making a copy onto my SD card (or wherever) of my current stock N1 with apps, settings, SMS, contacts, etc... that can be reverted to in the event I don't like the ROMs. I'm aware that the bootloader will remain unlocked.
    Yes to all questions
    My sigs keep getting

Definitely rooted. Definitely still awake 3 hours later at 4:05 AM. SO MUCH TO DO BEFORE I SLEEP!
    Torch! Trackball colors! SetCPU! WiFi Tethering!

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    looks like no one has regretted rooting,

i want to but dont want to risk bricking my N1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links