will tmobile n1 work with att?

This is a discussion on will tmobile n1 work with att? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; This might seem like a dumb question but will a tmobile N1 work with att and vice versa? if so then what are the differences? ...

Thread: will tmobile n1 work with att?

will tmobile n1 work with att?

This might seem like a dumb question but will a tmobile N1 work with att and vice versa? if so then what are the differences? if not why?

thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

the tmbolie and att phones are both GSM, so they will work. the only problem is that the 3G frequencies are different, so you won't get 3G as far as I understand.

That's what I thought but doesnt att 3g suck anyway :D

thanks for the clarification!

Well, I am not sure if it sucks, but I know that I still have 3G issues with my N1. Still not sure if it is the phone or Tmo. A friend that has the Iphone on Att and I ran a speed test at the same time and his speed was 3 times what mine was. In the area that I work and live in my results from Speedtest.net range from 300kbps to 800kbps for down and 45kbps to 450kbps up.

The Att speeds were almost always higher than mine, but who knows. Those are just my results in my area... take it for what you will.

I really just meant the coverage

I haven't heard too many good things about tmobile either though

Quote Originally Posted by darkside212 View Post
    I really just meant the coverage

I haven't heard too many good things about tmobile either though
    Ahh, as far as normal cell coverage I haven't really had any problems.

AT&T 3G only sucks in some markets where there are a lot of iPhones. I've been using my AT&T Nexus One in Portland OR for the last month without problems. While there are a lot of iPhones in the area, it's probably not as concentrated as San Francisco or NYC. AT&T also has better coverage than does T-Mobile in a lot of markets.

My current AT&T 3G performance on an AT&T Nexus One is about 2x of my T-Mobile 3G performance on my T-Mobile Nexus One in Portland OR.

Get the Nexus One that matches your carrier. Other than a couple of apps, the phones are the same.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by darkside212 View Post
    This might seem like a dumb question but will a tmobile N1 work with att and vice versa? if so then what are the differences? if not why?

thanks!
    By the way, the only dumb thing about your question is that the answer is already on the forum.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

I live in Las Vegas.

When I 1st bought the N1 it was the Tmo version.. Went with att (only place that had a phone the wife liked). It worked great.. Only had Edge but for phone calls was great.. interent wise it was a little sluggish (again depends on the website your on.. more graphics=more chugging).

Then att version came out.. sold my tmo one and bought the att version.. the 3G is excellent here. Went on vacation a few weeks ago up in Wa state and had no problems with att/interent on the N1. So far I have had no problems with mine (unlike a few others that have reported problems).

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links