Custom Email Notifications

This is a discussion on Custom Email Notifications within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm currently thinking of switching from my blackberry to a Google phone, but the one thing thats keeping me from doing so is the ability ...

Thread: Custom Email Notifications

Custom Email Notifications

I'm currently thinking of switching from my blackberry to a Google phone, but the one thing thats keeping me from doing so is the ability to set up custom rules for email notification.

The way I currently have it set up, any email sent to me with High Importance (urgent) plays a custom "alarm" tone on my blackberry. Also, when recieving emails certain addresses plays this Alarm tone to bring my attention to the phone/email. All other messages just vibrate the phone.

Do Google's phone's support this kind of setup?

Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is not something the standard email client supports. :nexusx:

However, there are several email clients available on Android.

K9Mail appears to be fairly active and advanced.

One of the big differences between Android phones and Blackberry phones is the incredibly large selection of apps available for Android. Of course, if you are looking for lots of apps, I've heard there is another phone out there that has even more, but most of them are not free.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    This is not something the standard email client supports. :nexusx:

However, there are several email clients available on Android.

K9Mail appears to be fairly active and advanced.

One of the big differences between Android phones and Blackberry phones is the incredibly large selection of apps available for Android. Of course, if you are looking for lots of apps, I've heard there is another phone out there that has even more, but most of them are not free.
    The bad thing about that "other phone" is that its apps can't integrate themselves into the operating system which sort of make them useless.

I came to Nexus One from a BlackBerry and missed that Level 1 notification setting also. I have thought about - but not tried yet - creating a new email account on gmail. I haven't checked the gmail forwarding rules, but if it would say only forward emails from certain email addresses, theoretically, you could have that one email account with a different sound from your other email accounts and notification sounds.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links