thinking about buying nexus one few questions

This is a discussion on thinking about buying nexus one few questions within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; wsup guys, im thinking about getting the n1 through t mobile, but there is no 3g around here and I live in a smaller city ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thinking about buying nexus one few questions

thinking about buying nexus one few questions

wsup guys, im thinking about getting the n1 through t mobile, but there is no 3g around here and I live in a smaller city so I don't see that happening anytime soon. My question is how are the edge speeds on t mobile??? I had a smartphone before on a regional carrier and i remember when they switched from 1x to EVDO it was a big diffrence and I didnt know if edge was faster than 1x or not. One more question, how is the onscreen typing?? had a touchscreen samsung before and it was horrible.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hey, honestly, i had abunch of phones, g1 which was great and still is, in fact if werent for the n1, the g1 would still be my number one over any phone period. buuuuutttttttt, the google gods released the nexus one confirming that me having wet dreams are actually real, and this is all just the way i feel about the phone. its perfect, BUY one!, also, the edge thing is ok, not great, i mean cmon who the hell likes edge, but with this processor u cant go wrong. i personally and have read many reviews confirming that the n1 is by ar the best cell phone out, and could care less about an evo or incredible., after all you would be holding a google product

I would check other phones I sent my n1 back, The speaker is one of the worst I have ever had, very tinny, phone volume is very low can't hardly hear it when it rings unless your in a closet. reception was bad in my home my blackberry pearl seems to have better speakers and sound quality than n1, and if you buy it and are not happy with your new phone, google will charge you $45.00 for the privellage of sending it back what a deal. try hd2
    looks to be a better phone to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaez53 View Post
    I would check other phones I sent my n1 back, The speaker is one of the worst I have ever had, very tinny, phone volume is very low can't hardly hear it when it rings unless your in a closet. reception was bad in my home my blackberry pearl seems to have better speakers and sound quality than n1, and if you buy it and are not happy with your new phone, google will charge you $45.00 for the privellage of sending it back what a deal. try hd2

Wow that sounds terrible. This seems to be a problem when researching phones before you buy one. Some people say the phone is amazing others say its the worst phone ever.

I came from a iphone i personally think the n1 is better i'm on at&t but
    i travel a lot even on edge i have no speed problems i even tether on
    edge i don't think you will be disappointed i still have a iphone but never
    wanted to switch back

Thumbs up

Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum I would check this thread out from people who have and have had the phone. once you buy your stuck with that $45.00 return fee. I think the phone will improve in the future . needs to go back to quality control.

Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum I would check this thread out from people who have and have had the phone. once you buy your stuck with that $45.00 return fee. I think the phone will improve in the future . needs to go back to quality control.
    AT&T charges a return fee if you take your phone back if you don't like it
    i don't about t-mobile

is EDGE supposed to be faster than 1x?? I know there diffrent technologys but I didnt know if anyone knew for sure. BTW thanks for all the replys so far hope to hear about peoples opionions on the onscreen keyboard.

I think edge is 2g it's faster than g and 0 i think t-mobile would be on
    2g but i don't know where you are. There are a a few things i don't
    like but the good out weigh the bad i would not send mine back
    there are apps in the market to fix about anything and the best people
    on this forum that have been there done that.

HD2 running Android might be a good phone. Good Windows Mobile? That's what I believe some call an oxymoron?

You could have rooted your phone, as Google already has a fix, which has been incorporated into Custom Roms, and I now have to actually turn down my phone volume because it is too loud.

Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads