Need feedback about the phone volume and clarity

This is a discussion on Need feedback about the phone volume and clarity within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I would most appreciate some feedback on how the Nexus One performs as a phone. Such as the call clarity and reception and the amount ...

Thread: Need feedback about the phone volume and clarity

Smile Need feedback about the phone volume and clarity

I would most appreciate some feedback on how the Nexus One performs as a phone. Such as the call clarity and reception and the amount of volume on the ringer and on the speakerphone. I now have a My Touch 1.2 and while the volume is not great it is at least passable. I use my phone in my business and need at least adequate to good volume on the speakerphone, ringer and in the ear piece. I am very close to buying a Nexus One but these issues that I have stated concern me as well as some other issues I read on this and other forums. Any and all feedback is welcomed.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum, ithc42!

There seems to be a pretty wide variation in complaints about the speaker volume. However, I have no complaints about mine. It works great as a phone, and the speakerphone also works great. IMHO, it's an excellent phone, that happens to be fantastic at many other things as well. I'd say "Go for it!"

I have to agree with wera. Everything about the Nexus One as a phone is certainly more than passable. I missed a few calls due to the ringer, but once I switched to a silicon case with holes around the ringer instead of the sleeve, that got better.

I use the wired headset that came with the phone and it works very well. Holding the phone is also good. Haven't tried the speakerphone a lot, but it seems more than passable.

I've heard several people suggest having Nexus One intro parties to let people try out the phone. I always offer to let people play with my phone when they ask. Beauty of the Android phones, you can always recover your data.

Good luck on your decision.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Thanks so much for your input. The reason that the volume is such a priority with me is that I seemed to have less hearing range then I did 15 years ago.LOL One more question do you all have any reception problems? I am probably going to purchase the phone unlocked as I already have t mobile and am not near close to an upgrade discount. I really want to be sure that this is the One I want and need and that it will be supported in the coming months and hopefully year. There seems to be so many android phones flooding the market. Once again thanks so much for your kindness and thoughtful replies.

My audiologist says the same thing about my current hearing. It's hard for me to say if you will be able to hear the other end on the phone.

Since you can load any MP3 as the ringtone, you should be able to find something that you can hear for the ringer.

As for long term support for Nexus One from Google, that's really hard to say. They are handing out a lot of phones to internal engineers and external developers. It's hard to believe that Google will back down from Android and this is a great developer platform.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

I find the volume to be fine; however, with a wired (non-bluetooth) headset with built-in mic I actually find it to be incredibly loud. I usually have to turn the volume all the way down. Could just be the headset I'm using, not sure.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links