To Root or not to root

This is a discussion on To Root or not to root within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm still running on stock and Rom and i think there's not much of a difference between stock vs root that i know of yet.. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Root or not to root

I'm still running on stock and Rom and i think there's not much of a difference between stock vs root that i know of yet.. besides of the benefit of a few things( torch, setcpu, more ram etc). I was debating to root for the extra ram but i'm reading around the next official update for N1 is freeing up the Ram and other things? In terms of modifying your homescreen and skins, i'm playing with HelixLauncher2 and that's the most sickest home modifier i played with!

"Sickest"...is that good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Deekayx05 View Post
    I'm still running on stock and Rom and i think there's not much of a difference between stock vs root that i know of yet.. besides of the benefit of a few things( torch, setcpu, more ram etc). I was debating to root for the extra ram but i'm reading around the next official update for N1 is freeing up the Ram and other things? In terms of modifying your homescreen and skins, i'm playing with HelixLauncher2 and that's the most sickest home modifier i played with!
    Yeah I really didn't see much, I tried modaco's Desire ROM I liked sense UI and the camera it had. I also liked the torch which is why I want to go to cyanogen.

just wait a few days to make sure that everything is working properly and then GO for it

I've had my phone since January and haven't rooted. I read this thread because I'm still deciding. Overall, rooting isn't necessary, I have pretty much all the apps/features I want. I would root to try out Sense UI, get different color track ball colors, and to get N1 Torch (use flash LED as a flashlight).
    I've never had any hardware issues, so there's no specific reason not to root.

One last suggestion from what I've read (and how I know I would do things): Don't root too late at night because you might be up until the sun is almost coming up. It's fun to play with the new features and it may take some time to figure out what you're doing.

I see this question all the time "Should I root?"

Basically, it is a personal decision, it's like asking "should I get my ears pierced?" Some do, some don't, there is no wrong answer.

As for rooting right after you get the phone, personally I'd wait a week or two. Most mothers don't pierce the ears of their daughter right after she is born either.

Or is this a wrong example in a 99% male forum? :rofl3:
    My sigs keep getting

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    ...Most mothers don't pierce the ears of their daughter right after she is born either.

Or is this a wrong example in a 99% male forum? :rofl3:
    Not touching that conversation...

I rooted last week. It was simple using the stickied thread in the hack section here.

IMO it's worth it just for the trackball notifications and trackball wake options.

I rooted few weeks ago and I love it! No regrets ~

[ Cyanogen 5.0.5.6 | OC'ed to 1.113GHz | Amon RA v1.70 | Build EPE54B| Desire Camera R2 | NexTHEME 2.0 Final & Goodies5 R2 ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links