To Root or not to root

This is a discussion on To Root or not to root within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Gettin my N1 tomorrow. I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl...the big question, should I root it right off the bat, or wait a few weeks ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Root or not to root

To Root or not to root

Gettin my N1 tomorrow. I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl...the big question, should I root it right off the bat, or wait a few weeks and make sure i like it. Thats a silly statement, im sure il love it...what do all of you all think? did you root, were you ever scared of voiding the warrenty??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

what does it mean to ROOT your N1? Had my Nexus for a week now!

Quote Originally Posted by blanthony View Post
    what does it mean to ROOT your N1? Had my Nexus for a week now!
    basically it gives you the ability to install other ROMS and software, or modified user interaces, which gives you a lot more features and hacks, but it also voids your warranty...

whats a good ROOT for the phone?

N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-cyanogen.html

I am waiting for BlackDroid's custom rom to come out before deciding to Root. But no word yet, so I don't know...
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

My suggestion, give it a couple of weeks and see what the phone can do before rooting. Then by all means... DO IT!

But it's nice to play around with it stock for awhile and give a little time to make sure no hardware issues arise.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    My suggestion, give it a couple of weeks and see what the phone can do before rooting. Then by all means... DO IT!

But it's nice to play around with it stock for awhile and give a little time to make sure no hardware issues arise.
    Guess that is true. as with most electronics, if your hardware doesn't fail in the first couple of weeks, then youre probably good to go, and wont have problems.. how long did you wait?

and is cyanogen the best? how about MoDaCo Desire Rom? can you install both? I like somethings i read about the cyanogen, but the desire rom looks so pretty with the sense UI.

Heres my suggestion. Don't root it right off the bat. Get to know the phone first. Play with it for a few weeks, than see if its nessecery to take the risk of rooting. Some people find that rooting isn't nessecery because all the features they want and need is already in the stock ROM. Don't rush it.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post

Guess that is true. as with most electronics, if your hardware doesn't fail in the first couple of weeks, then youre probably good to go, and wont have problems.. how long did you wait?

and is cyanogen the best? how about MoDaCo Desire Rom? can you install both? I like somethings i read about the cyanogen, but the desire rom looks so pretty with the sense UI.
    I waited exactly 2 weeks, then said what the hell, might as well do it

I like Cyanogen and use that ROM with Kspec theme (for now anyways), but I had a Hero before the N1 so I've already experienced the Sense UI. It's all personal preference.

The beauty of these ROMs is you just change them whenever you like. Flash Cyanogen's today and next week flash Modaco's... a few weeks later, back to Cyanogen. IMO, neither one is the "best", both have their strengths. Try them both!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links