To Root or not to root

This is a discussion on To Root or not to root within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Gettin my N1 tomorrow. I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl...the big question, should I root it right off the bat, or wait a few weeks ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: To Root or not to root

  1. #1
    Junior Member spectrum21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5

    To Root or not to root

    Gettin my N1 tomorrow. I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl...the big question, should I root it right off the bat, or wait a few weeks and make sure i like it. Thats a silly statement, im sure il love it...what do all of you all think? did you root, were you ever scared of voiding the warrenty??

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Junior Member blanthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9
    what does it mean to ROOT your N1? Had my Nexus for a week now!

  4. #3
    Junior Member spectrum21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by blanthony View Post
    what does it mean to ROOT your N1? Had my Nexus for a week now!
    basically it gives you the ability to install other ROMS and software, or modified user interaces, which gives you a lot more features and hacks, but it also voids your warranty...

  5. #4
    Junior Member blanthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9
    whats a good ROOT for the phone?

  6. #5
    Junior Member spectrum21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5
    N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-cyanogen.html

  7. #6
    Senior Member dimmakherbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    475
    I am waiting for BlackDroid's custom rom to come out before deciding to Root. But no word yet, so I don't know...
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

  8. #7
    Senior Member rioja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    741
    My suggestion, give it a couple of weeks and see what the phone can do before rooting. Then by all means... DO IT!

    But it's nice to play around with it stock for awhile and give a little time to make sure no hardware issues arise.

  9. #8
    Junior Member spectrum21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    My suggestion, give it a couple of weeks and see what the phone can do before rooting. Then by all means... DO IT!

    But it's nice to play around with it stock for awhile and give a little time to make sure no hardware issues arise.
    Guess that is true. as with most electronics, if your hardware doesn't fail in the first couple of weeks, then youre probably good to go, and wont have problems.. how long did you wait?

    and is cyanogen the best? how about MoDaCo Desire Rom? can you install both? I like somethings i read about the cyanogen, but the desire rom looks so pretty with the sense UI.

  10. #9
    Senior Member ezeddiekun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    776
    Heres my suggestion. Don't root it right off the bat. Get to know the phone first. Play with it for a few weeks, than see if its nessecery to take the risk of rooting. Some people find that rooting isn't nessecery because all the features they want and need is already in the stock ROM. Don't rush it.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #10
    Senior Member rioja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrum21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    My suggestion, give it a couple of weeks and see what the phone can do before rooting. Then by all means... DO IT!

    But it's nice to play around with it stock for awhile and give a little time to make sure no hardware issues arise.
    Guess that is true. as with most electronics, if your hardware doesn't fail in the first couple of weeks, then youre probably good to go, and wont have problems.. how long did you wait?

    and is cyanogen the best? how about MoDaCo Desire Rom? can you install both? I like somethings i read about the cyanogen, but the desire rom looks so pretty with the sense UI.
    I waited exactly 2 weeks, then said what the hell, might as well do it

    I like Cyanogen and use that ROM with Kspec theme (for now anyways), but I had a Hero before the N1 so I've already experienced the Sense UI. It's all personal preference.

    The beauty of these ROMs is you just change them whenever you like. Flash Cyanogen's today and next week flash Modaco's... a few weeks later, back to Cyanogen. IMO, neither one is the "best", both have their strengths. Try them both!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. AOSP Will Have Gingerbread 2.3 Source Today
    By danDroid in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 04:27 PM

Search tags for this page

what does it mean to root your nexus 10

,

what does root your nexus mean?

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum